GDT: #9 - 10/30/16 | lightning @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Zipay was on with Todd Lewis of Sirius/XM NHL Radio and even he questioned the use of Holden. He also doesn't think the defense will be the same after the trade deadline.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
This full practice thing is BS. If Kreider feels good and looks fine out there, then insert him into the line-up. He's a freakin' pro and arguably our most dominant forward. Holding him out of the line-up because of some "full practice" technicality is BS.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
This full practice thing is BS. If Kreider feels good and looks fine out there, then insert him into the line-up. He's a freakin' pro and arguably our most dominant forward. Holding him out of the line-up because of some "full practice" technicality is BS.

It's like they aren't overly concerned with the 2 points at stake.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
It's like they aren't overly concerned with the 2 points at stake.

Seriously.

AV will be the first one to whine about how difficult it is to make the playoffs because of league parity. He's always mentioning it.

These 2 points NOW could be the difference, and he knows it. Kreider being in the line-up gives us the best opportunity to get those 2 points. AV says he looks fine out there...so insert him. Get Kreids-Mika-Buch rolling again.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
We should always ice the best team (exempt goalkeeping which have rotations but Rantaa vs Carolina and Hank tonight seems more logical - no?). And I really want Kreider to play too. But the team is privy to a lot of info we have no idea about. To think that the coach does not play him due to any other reason than he is not ready is taking things too far, and I am one of the bigger AV detractors around. Give this one a rest guys. There is a logical explanation. Otoh the Holden love fest and the Clendening thing is confounding. But like Zipay said, changes will be coming on the back line. Be so certain.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
We should always ice the best team (exempt goalkeeping which have rotations but Rantaa vs Carolina and Hank tonight seems more logical - no?). And I really want Kreider to play too. But the team is privy to a lot of info we have no idea about. To think that the coach does not play him due to any other reason than he is not ready is taking things too far, and I am one of the bigger AV detractors around. Give this one a rest guys. There is a logical explanation. Otoh the Holden love fest and the Clendening thing is confounding. But like Zipay said, changes will be coming on the back line. Be so certain.

AV makes questionable decisions all the time, and we have every right to complain about it. Why should we question one thing (i.e. playing Holden)...and not question another (i.e. not inserting Kreider)????

AV evidently has a rule about full practices before re-joining the line-up. It's no mystery. It has nothing to do with inside info relating to his injury. It's nothing more than a pet peeve of AV's and deserves to be questioned...especially when Kreider is likely healthy and we are playing one of the favorites in the Eastern Conference.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Hope Tampa doesn't clog the neutral zone and take away the stretch pass...again.

Will Mr."Big Changes" Vigneault adapt?

survey-says.jpg

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Zipay was on with Todd Lewis of Sirius/XM NHL Radio and even he questioned the use of Holden. He also doesn't think the defense will be the same after the trade deadline.

The trade deadline is literally months away.This team could potentially be DOA at the deadline.

You know what that means? First rounder(s) + for the desiccated corpse of a star on the back nine of their career.

Last edited:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The trade deadline is literally months away.This team could potentially be DOA at the deadline.

You know what that means? First rounder(s) + for the desiccated corpse of a star on the back nine of their career.

I expect that Grots is going to be more proactive than what Zippy suggests. And, it's Zippy.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I guess AV likes defenseman that can take the body, physically tie up opposing forwards, and push people off the puck. He doesn't like lightweights, regardless of whether or not they can move the puck. We saw his mistrust in Yandle, and now we're seeing it with Clendo. They shy away from hits and don't fare well on the boards. Not strong enough for AV.

There are outlier examples that contradict what I just said...like Dan Boyle...and most recently McI...but our current line-up consists of 6 guys that can play physically. Skjei is probably the weakest, but his skating makes up for it, and he is still much stronger than Clendo.

Yeah I could really tell with how McI was used.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
AV makes questionable decisions all the time, and we have every right to complain about it. Why should we question one thing (i.e. playing Holden)...and not question another (i.e. not inserting Kreider)????

AV evidently has a rule about full practices before re-joining the line-up. It's no mystery. It has nothing to do with inside info relating to his injury. It's nothing more than a pet peeve of AV's and deserves to be questioned...especially when Kreider is likely healthy and we are playing one of the favorites in the Eastern Conference.

If Kreider was ready he would play. AV makes tons of questionable calls though

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
If Kreider was ready he would play. AV makes tons of questionable calls though

He's ready. Instead of arguing with me, just listen to today's presser. He said Kreider looks fine and was flying out there today, but will not be playing solely due to the fact that he hasn't had a full practice with the team.

Presser:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He's ready. Instead of arguing with me, just listen to today's presser. He said Kreider looks fine and was flying out there today, but will not be playing solely due to the fact that he hasn't had a full practice with the team.

Presser:

Why does no one ask him about Holden? Not that Klein has been particularly good. :rant:

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Revel said:
I guess AV likes defenseman that can take the body, physically tie up opposing forwards, and push people off the puck. He doesn't like lightweights, regardless of whether or not they can move the puck. We saw his mistrust in Yandle, and now we're seeing it with Clendo. They shy away from hits and don't fare well on the boards. Not strong enough for AV.

There are outlier examples that contradict what I just said...like Dan Boyle...and most recently McI...but our current line-up consists of 6 guys that can play physically. Skjei is probably the weakest, but his skating makes up for it, and he is still much stronger than Clendo.

Yeah I could really tell with how McI was used.

You'll see that I did mention they were exceptions and I pointed out that McI was one of them. With McI, though, there were issues with bonehead penalties. Some also say that his one v one D and lateral movement were poor. I don't think he was as poor as some say during his one game this season, so I do sympathize with your position. I think the aggressive penalties did him in. AV just doesn't trust him.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Its not like he doesn't like players like Clendening he just likes players who are terrible like Girardi and Holden. Mcirath is a tough guy but he didn't play. Holden, Girardi are not your tough guys who throw hits or tie people along the board. They are both just terrible hockey players. That is what AV likes.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Its not like he doesn't like players like Clendening he just likes players who are terrible like Girardi and Holden. Mcirath is a tough guy but he didn't play. Holden, Girardi are not your tough guys who throw hits or tie people along the board. They are both just terrible hockey players. That is what AV likes.

I'm not saying that G or Holden are great hockey players, but if you think G and Holden don't hit people or fight for the puck along the boards, you're obviously not watching the games. In particular, G has always thrown the body. I do think he's washed up...but to say that he doesn't play a physical brand of hockey is ignorant of the facts. Girardi & Holden are both Top 6 on the team in hits.

Don't misconstrue this post as a claim that G and Holden are great hockey players. They're not. I'm simply stating facts.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
You'll see that I did mention they were exceptions and I pointed out that McI was one of them. With McI, though, there were issues with bonehead penalties. Some also say that his one v one D and lateral movement were poor. I don't think he was as poor as some say during his one game this season, so I do sympathize with your position. I think the aggressive penalties did him in. AV just doesn't trust him.

Frankly I was just ball busting, lol

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I really enjoy Tampa vs Rangers games in the past - I hope it will be a blast this evening 6pm - so excited! :)

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Unfortunately there are a lot of games between now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad