Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
At least this means I'll see Lundqvist live Tuesday :laugh:

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The full practice thing for Kreider is stupid. All of the games matter. He's clearly ready to go he skated in full with the team this morning. He's missed 3 games it's not like he's been out months.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Notice how AV even played Girardi 3rd line minutes but he can't give Holden 3rd line minutes. I'm getting sick of putting my heart and soul into following this team just so that AV can sabotage this team.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't think Klein was any good last game but I just don't understand why AV refuses to at least play Holden on the 3rd pairing. What the **** is wrong with this idiot?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yeah, but that one turnover Clendening had that one time against Washington, ya know?

Girardi literally handed the puck to Carolina under no pressure Friday night and Holden let Skinner abuse him on the third goal, but hey, it's all good in the hood apparently. Efficient touches and whatnot.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, but that one turnover Clendening had that one time against Washington, ya know?

Girardi literally handed the puck to Carolina under no pressure Friday night and Holden let Skinner abuse him on the third goal, but hey, it's all good in the hood apparently. Efficient touches and whatnot.

Let's face it, AV just needed something to tell the media. "I just don't like Clendening because he doesn't fit my old school understanding of what a defenseman should be" is not something you can tell the media.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`ve no expectation to this match, hehe.
Well I`ll be quite happy with OT hockey at least 1 pts - possible 2 pts if we get penalties, but we don`t have Hank tonight?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Shucks I'm so rustled over the defense I forgot Ben Bishop is in goal. :laugh:

We've been focusing on creating royal road chances, so hopefully we'll learn our lesson that all you have to do to beat that ****ing doofus is to make him move laterally.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Notice how AV even played Girardi 3rd line minutes but he can't give Holden 3rd line minutes. I'm getting sick of putting my heart and soul into following this team just so that AV can sabotage this team.

So don't? This team is absolutely not worth giving yourself medical problems.

Shucks I'm so rustled over the defense I forgot Ben Bishop is in goal. :laugh:

More or less aerodynamic now with his two front teeth missing? :laugh:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Today was apparently "on the schedule" for Raanta over Hank.

Really intrigued as to what AV's schedule looks like

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I might need to pick up some rum on the way home today before this..

Already did that, thanks. One would think out of ALL the teams our coach would want to win would be a game between this team and ours. We STILL haven't proven that we could beat this team, and it may very well be a team that we meet in the PO's. I hate TB and especially their ****in' coach. Anyone with me? So yeah, hand me the rum, because between no Kreids, no Clendening, a lousy defense pair, and a stubborn AV......well that adds up to a Rangers loss. So keep it up AV, we'll have to win DESPITE you.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Isn't AV supposed to like players like Clendening?

I just...don't get it. :laugh:

I guess AV likes defenseman that can take the body, physically tie up opposing forwards, and push people off the puck. He doesn't like lightweights, regardless of whether or not they can move the puck. We saw his mistrust in Yandle, and now we're seeing it with Clendo. They shy away from hits and don't fare well on the boards. Not strong enough for AV.

There are outlier examples that contradict what I just said...like Dan Boyle...and most recently McI...but our current line-up consists of 6 guys that can play physically. Skjei is probably the weakest, but his skating makes up for it, and he is still much stronger than Clendo.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Wouldn't it make more sense to have Raanta play the out of conference games this early in the season? I thought one of the games v. Edmonton or St. Louis was a gimme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad