GDT: #9 - 10/26/13 | New York Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
#NYR lines:
Kreider-Stepan-Richards
Pouliot-Brassard-Miller
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett
Fast-D. Moore-Zuccarello.

Looks like Mashinter out.

On D, looks like
Justin Falk remains a healthy scratch.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman J.
Moore-Del Zotto.

Source: @AGrossRecord
Insane. Fast should be in Hartford instead of wasted on the 4th line.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Why not play Zucc on the 2nd line, and put someone whose only talent is being heavy on the 4th, like Pouliot

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Insane. Fast should be in Hartford instead of wasted on the 4th line.

yea he should but so should others. Do you want to see Powe and Asham?

Bottom line is Nash , Callahan, Hagelin is making his team look worse than it is. At the same time the truth is they don't have enough depth, kids are not ready. They are gonna need to get healthy before this gets any better

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Why not play Zucc on the 2nd line, and put someone whose only talent is being heavy on the 4th, like Pouliot

I suppose the reason Pouliot is not on the 4th line might have something to do with averaging 36 pts/82 games over the past 3 years.

But no, let's base our evaluation on the 8 games that we have seen him play so far.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Yeah they only have 25 GF. They're so bad. :help: :shakehead

FU Babcock.

babcock190.jpg

Say that again, I dare ya.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
8 games into the season and the Rangers are 8 points out of a playoff spot.

They need a win. I dont care how they get it. Dont care about style points. If they find a way to get healthy and start playing well during the rest of the season at some point - they could find themselves looking back at these games as the reason why they didnt make it. If the losing continues at this clip, the way the new alignment is we could see the Rangers realistically be out of it by the end of November, barring a torrid stretch of winning, something like a 10-0 clip.

Do what you have to do to get a win tonight, or at least a point.

Stepan needs to produce something. Enough is enough. He put himself in this situation hes got to get himself out.

Draw penalties to get on the PP. Dive, fake it. I dont care. Crash the net. Cheat on faceoffs. They need to get desperate. Right now.

DoTheBlue

No Expectations
Apr 5, 2007
Pennsylvania
You know what they say .....
When life gives you lemons .....
make a NY hockey team out of them

Pucker up gentlemen should be another sour game

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Because this coach seems to know nothing about hockey.

Zucc was in the top-6 all season prior to his scratching. He did nothing with it then, why does AV know nothing about hockey reinserting him to the line-up with Moore and Fast? The onus is on Zucc now to prove he should stick. He was given ample opportunity.

This whole idea of players needing to be in the top-6, or playing with other "skill" players in order to produce every night going around here is a weak argument. Yes, they shouldn't play with goons, but the excuse is getting old.

Wolfy*

Zucc was in the top-6 all season prior to his scratching. He did nothing with it then, why does AV know nothing about hockey reinserting him to the line-up with Moore and Fast?

Those two can't finish his play. Zucc needs to be on a line with players like Brassard, Richards, Nash and Hagelin, and play more than 8 mins a game to be effective. Zucc on the fourth line is just silly.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Missing this one as well. Between work and other commitments I haven't caught our last few games. Missing this one may not be the worst, though Talbot looked alright in what I saw of Rangers in 60.

The lineup is looking BRUTAL though. I mean real bad.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
yea he should but so should others. Do you want to see Powe and Asham?

Bottom line is Nash , Callahan, Hagelin is making his team look worse than it is. At the same time the truth is they don't have enough depth, kids are not ready. They are gonna need to get healthy before this gets any better
4th line players should be playing 4th line minutes not quality prospects that need to be developing their offensive abilities with 18-20 minutes a night. Haley, Mashinter, Asham and I can't believe I'm saying it, but even Powe.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Those two can't finish his play. Zucc needs to be on a line with players like Brassard, Richards, Nash and Hagelin, and play more than 8 mins a game to be effective. Zucc on the fourth line is just silly.

Check it out, if Zucc feels this way then he needs to shoot the puck more and score some goals himself. Stop relying on teammates to finish your plays.

Zucc scored goals in the SEL, he didn't just rack up a dillion assists. Where is his shot? He has a good shot, use it.

The Zucc fan base has been using this, "no one can finish his passes" excuse since he was signed. It's not an excuse anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad