GDT: #9 – Sabres at Sharks – Sat Oct 25, 4:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
This wasn't one of those wins like last year where the team put forth no effort, but Miller bailed them out enough that they lucked into the victory. There were shaky moments, but they played very, very well in front of Neuvirth. Still, they do no have enough talent to be competitive every night. But I'll take efforts like this for the rest of the year please.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Both ways they won this year are probably how they will get the majority of their wins. The goaltender stands on his head and they win a low scoring game, or they win in a shootout.

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Deserved win.
Happy for the players, they needed this much mentally.

Win here and there will keep them sane.

Tank doesnt mean you have to lose every game.:)

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
7th win in the row vs Sharks, no? According to this pre-game tweet:

''.@BuffaloSabres have won 6 straight vs. @SanJoseSharks. Will they make it 7 today?''

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Yes. Seven wins in a row against a club with Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Burns, Vlasic. If I wasn't a fan of both clubs I wouldn't be in the mad hatter state I'm in at the moment. :ghost2: (Why not L.A.? Anaheim?!~)

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
With this Sabres win, Carolina just clinched 1st overall lottery position.

October-2014-calendar-printable.jpg

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
This wasn't one of those wins like last year where the team put forth no effort, but Miller bailed them out enough that they lucked into the victory. There were shaky moments, but they played very, very well in front of Neuvirth. Still, they do no have enough talent to be competitive every night. But I'll take efforts like this for the rest of the year please.

Bull. This team is a joke. They had like 15 shots, worked hard for chances that went in. Better than previous efforts but this team sucks on an ongoing basis.

This effort stuff is lots of crap when you are not icing talent and when, in fact, you are keeping better players in the AHL than the NHL.

It's a full on tank and Ted Nolan is in there to make sure it happens. More often than not, these goalies will not bail us out which is Murray's fail safe. Problem is there are teams working just as hard to be inept. We could finish fourth from the bottom and have what to show for it? A very high quality player, even a star, but no dignity.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
I can't believe there are people who think the Sabres won't finish last. Every team we're "competing" with has about 2-3 players that can win games on their own. I mean, people are seriously suggesting that Winnipeg and Philadelphia are bad enough to be in the McDavid sweepstakes? You won't be seeing too many games with the outcome of the one we saw today throughout the season. Being outshot 2-1, Neuvirth standing on his head (boy does he give awful interviews), and the likes of Weber, Benoit, and Meszaros not only not sucking, but playing extremely steady in their own zone against the likes of Thornton, Marleau, and Pavelski.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Can't believe some people are borderline complaining that we won this game. Heaven forbid we win a few games...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad