OT: 85th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pelle Lindbergh Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
So the likely new replacement for Alex Trebek on Jeopardy is going to be Mike Richards(I saw this name trending so obviously I had to click on it) and it wasn't 'that Mike Richards'.

Mike Richards is a Jeopardy EXECUTIVE PRODUCER. So must be nice to have a search and then pick YOURSELF for the job you decide. This is like a GM picking themselves to be coach.
Imagine the guy in charge picking himself to host the show after trotting out a former contestant, a quarterback, an actress, 47 TV "personalities", and the equally wholesome former host of the equally wholesome show reading rainbow who was the most enthusiastic, interested, and engaging host on top of hoping to succeed Trebek for the last decade.

Imagine.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Imagine the guy in charge picking himself to host the show after trotting out a former contestant, a quarterback, an actress, 47 TV "personalities", and the equally wholesome former host of the equally wholesome show reading rainbow who was the most enthusiastic, interested, and engaging host on top of hoping to succeed Trebek for the last decade.

Imagine.
The corporate ladder in a nutshell.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.

Imagine.

If I am them, this is a 4-D Chess move.

It is going to be impossible to replace Alex, so whoever is up first is going to face backlash. Maybe they are going with someone who stepped up to be a sacrifice to the Jeopardy fandom, which will then create a ground swell for "Anyone else". This allows them to bring in someone else who will get the benefit of not having to directly replace Alex and gets to be "not that boring guy anymore".

Or it could be straight up greed by this guy.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
If I am them, this is a 4-D Chess move.

It is going to be impossible to replace Alex, so whoever is up first is going to face backlash. Maybe they are going with someone who stepped up to be a sacrifice to the Jeopardy fandom, which will then create a ground swell for "Anyone else". This allows them to bring in someone else who will get the benefit of not having to directly replace Alex and gets to be "not that boring guy anymore".

Or it could be straight up greed by this guy.
Could be. Could also be just they're f***ing stupid

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Oh, remember how I was befuddled by my house using so much more gas than the average house in my area and yet not being befuddled by my bill cost?

I played around with the settings of what measured comparable homes (years built, type of heating system, etc) and the numbers are now in line and I am a perfectly average home.

Things are just coming up HC lately.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Oh, remember how I was befuddled by my house using so much more gas than the average house in my area and yet not being befuddled by my bill cost?

I played around with the settings of what measured comparable homes (years built, type of heating system, etc) and the numbers are now in line and I am a perfectly average home.

You're more than just average to me bb

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

I'm about to hook my house up to gas finally. I likely won't convert my main heat source because it is relatively new, but trying to decide between tankless and either one or two gas powervent units. I am terrible at making these decisions because I feel like I always choose incorrectly.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
CF9764A8-163C-4CF8-848B-6866D75613F6.jpeg

@Striiker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad