OT: 84th Obsequious Banter Thread: a nod to rural Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I have looked at them... but I have a perfectly good oven that does pretty much everything it does! I guess more energy efficient is only advantage.

I really want a commercial fryer, proper griddle, and pizza oven when buy my own place though aha.

I felt the same way, but the fact that a toaster oven is at temp almost immediately is a huge plus. It's great for re-heating, and also for making single serving stuff, like bacon in the morning.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'm at Lake Placid again, for the first time in like 6 years. The Olympic rink is closed for construction and stuff so we couldn't spread any of my brother's ashes on the rink. We did it in a flower pot by the entrance. I picked up this shirt while there and then went down to the comic shop and found a John Waters Funko Pop that I reflexively snatched off the shelf and yelled MINE!
IMG_20210719_152709.jpg

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I'm at Lake Placid again, for the first time in like 6 years. The Olympic rink is closed for construction and stuff so we couldn't spread any of my brother's ashes on the rink. We did it in a flower pot by the entrance. I picked up this shirt while there and then went down to the comic shop and found a John Waters Funko Pop that I reflexively snatched off the shelf and yelled MINE! View attachment 454045
@BigToe has been censored in order to protect the innocent.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Driving back to DC and my girlfriend is driving, so she gets radio control. She put on a podcast with two of the real housewives of Potomac. Their “takes” on USA basketball and Stephen A’s comments about Ohtani made me want to throw myself out the window
So confused.

Girlfriend driving?

She gets radio control?

Control your woman

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Microwaves suck except for making popcorn.

Toaster ovens are the motherf***ing best.

They kind of do although I use it rather frequently for reheating and cooking some Trader Joe's frozen stuff. My two ex Russian girlfriend's would not allow me to use the microwave especially when it came to reheating meat...said it changed the chemical composition or something like that hence it not being healthy to consume. They were both over the top on stuff like that....former Soviet Union stuff. I mean one of them grew up not far from Chernobyl....I think microwaved meals should have been the least of her worries.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Driving back to DC and my girlfriend is driving, so she gets radio control. She put on a podcast with two of the real housewives of Potomac. Their “takes” on USA basketball and Stephen A’s comments about Ohtani made me want to throw myself out the window
At least you find this out before marriage.

just sayin...

Reactions: Hurricane28

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I felt the same way, but the fact that a toaster oven is at temp almost immediately is a huge plus. It's great for re-heating, and also for making single serving stuff, like bacon in the morning.

I have a toaster oven, it's great. The microwave has its uses. But I just got one of these beauties and it might just be the most awesome cooking device ever invented. So far I've used it to grill swordfish steaks and pork and it comes out perfect every time.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B089TQ82WT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

81m2zZF2jnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
f

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest