OT: 84th Obsequious Banter Thread: a nod to rural Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Suffered both a groin pull and likely an abdominal strain in my hockey game last night (also scored 2 of our 5 goals in a 5-1 win :naughty: )

What kind of doctor should I go to if I want to make sure it's just a strain and not a hernia? I'm bad a doctoring.

Rothman has a few orthopedic urgent cares out there. Not sure if there's one in your neck of the woods.

Also, thanks for confirming that you weren't on the team that beat us 6-0. I'd have had to hate you.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Rothman has a few orthopedic urgent cares out there. Not sure if there's one in your neck of the woods.

Also, thanks for confirming that you weren't on the team that beat us 6-0. I'd have had to hate you.

Got an appointment at Jefferson in Elkins Park, PA for this Wednesday (my 36th bday ironically) at 10 AM

Where do you play? We won our 1st game last Sunday 6-0 lol

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Can I play with you guys? I’d need skates, a stick, and have to be taught how to skate.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
@Appleyard I have several questions/observations...

1) Why is the washing machine in the kitchen? Is that a common thing in the UK?

2) Why would you need multiple pans/spices for cooking? I was under the impression that the English just boil all of their food.

3) That cutting board is top f***ing tier, but be careful with the knife. Letting it hang over the edge like that could be dangerous.

4) Lose the knife block, and store them somewhere more exotic. On top of the aforementioned washing machine would be a great place.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

2) Why would you need multiple pans/spices for cooking? I was under the impression that the English just boil all of their food.

3) That cutting board is top f***ing tier, but be careful with the knife. Letting it hang over the edge like that could be dangerous.

4) Lose the knife block, and store them somewhere more exotic. On top of the aforementioned washing machine would be a great place.

Where's the microwave?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Ahaha.

1. Yeh... almost everyone has the washer in the kitchen. Depends on size of house but in apartments almost always. But even in proper houses often is... though in bigger houses usually in basement or utility room. But hard to get it anywhere else when average city apartment is like 500 sq/ft. (though mine is ~750... luxurious aha.)

2. Oh, yeh, for the most part. But I am a renaissance man. Sometimes I even use Fenugreek, Saffron and Cardamom (though not at same time ahah). Tbh 90% of what I eat is: Italian, Indian and Mexican/Tex-Mex/South American.

3. Ahaha. I love my cutting board. I agree on the knife but it is Damascus Steel and beautifully weighted so a bit safe that usual knife.

4. I might try it. I do hate that knife block. But it was free...

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What kind of doctor should I go to if I want to make sure it's just a strain and not a hernia? I'm bad a doctoring.

Your dentist.

I’m very sure I had a sports hernia once playing hockey. I never went to the doctor though, and it was back to normal…..in a few months. I wasn’t aggravating it further, and it probably wasn’t noticeable, but I had a lot of discomfort crossing over to one side or weight transferring specific shots.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

That’s a euro dishwasher. The window is so you can see the glassware tumbling dry.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Ahaha.

1. Yeh... almost everyone has the washer in the kitchen. Depends on size of house but in apartments almost always. But even in proper houses often is... though in bigger houses usually in basement or utility room. But hard to get it anywhere else when average city apartment is like 500 sq/ft. (though mine is ~750... luxurious aha.)

2. Oh, yeh, for the most part. But I am a renaissance man. Sometimes I even use Fenugreek, Saffron and Cardamom (though not at same time ahah). Tbh 90% of what I eat is: Italian, Indian and Mexican/Tex-Mex/South American.

3. Ahaha. I love my cutting board. I agree on the knife but it is Damascus Steel and beautifully weighted so a bit safe that usual knife.

Magnetic strip to show off the fancy knives?

Reactions: Appleyard

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Ahaha.

1) Man, that's wild to me. It makes sense that you want to conserve as much space as possible, given how many of you people live on that tiny island. I checked, and our population densities are literally an order of magnitude different. 35.5 people per square kilometer in the States, 302 (!!!) people per square kilometer on Great Britain.

2) I want to try making Indian food at some point (I realize that's not very specific, lol). I love me some butter chicken, and it seems pretty easy to put together. Just need to get the proper ingredients.

3)/4) Knives are a bit of a touchy subject for me. The night crew at this restaurant where I used to work were terrible at their jobs, and would leave knives in all sorts of creative places.

Reactions: Appleyard

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
4D01CAAA-5EA5-4EA8-9D9A-B1216AFFF6DC.jpeg
703D6EAF-5D1F-4B07-B840-4D86E2378EFA.jpeg
B3370A6A-77E6-49D3-91FC-FA9A3439E91F.jpeg

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I used my parents microwave growing up and just always got disappointed how anything and everything turned out...

never eat ready meals/microwaveable... and if put almost anything else in a microwave it just gets sloppy quickly, and I like things hot but crispy!

Just a waste of space for me.
What you want is a toaster oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: