OT: 84th Obsequious Banter Thread: a nod to rural Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Anyone here watch Castlevania on Netflix?

Adaptations based on video games tend to be trash but this is intense and compelling.

watched the first 2 seasons and would have been satisfied if it ended there lol need to press on to 3 and 4

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Usain Bolt announced that his partner has given birth to twins, one of which has been named "Thunder".

Try living up to that super hero name, kid, especially in the shadow of your father. :laugh:

Don't know how that kid avoids a drug addiction with that name and heritage. It's too much

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Halfway through the first (and only) season of Signal.

South Korean drama/mystery/time-bending show. It's about a detective in 2015 who is able to communicate with a detective in 1985 after he finds a strange walkie-talkie. Their conversations about crimes and cold cases affect time in really interesting ways.

Very deep story and character development. Cheesy score, some cheesy acting.

But overall, great show.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5332206/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_5

Reactions: Beef Invictus

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
watched the first 2 seasons and would have been satisfied if it ended there lol need to press on to 3 and 4

I think the story of season 1 was the best. Felt more invested in the characters with subsequent seasons. Biggest weakness in my opinion is that the plot lines feel much too rushed, disjointed, and bonkers, which is still all fine by me for an animated adaptation of a videogame series.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I was a power hitterb to all fields back when I played softball. One field had a raised hill in right, the rule was a fielder could stand on the hill, but not on top, top was a HR. A new teammate parked in the first spot in the parking lot up there. I told him him he should move his car. He said no one can hit it there, I said I aim for it. He didn't move it. Of course I smoked an opposite field shot later, headed right at the car. It hit the rear tire on the fly. He then moved the car. It would have been an interesting discussion if it hit anywhere else.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Yo honestly pretty sick of these cardboard cutouts from the media hosting jeopardy. Go away. Go back to your shitty news reporting

724FDDE3-DBC0-4F94-BD27-FF3E565AB335.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad