Post-Game Talk: #82| Senators at FLYERS | Sat., Apr. 11, 2015

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
If I'm not mistaken, a Penguins loss of any kind and a Bruins win should be enough.

I see Boston as being just 1 point behind the Pens, but also down 1 ROW. So a SO win doesn't help them if the Pens make it past regulation. Which is why I prefer to see a plain regulation loss.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I found your team lacked fire. No sand paper, nothing. The Flyers of old at least punished teams when they were losing. There was always that fear present and that's a big reason it was intimidating playing them. I don't know if it's a league thing or a Hextall/Berube thing. But they seemed more like the Flyers of old when Holmgren was there.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I found your team lacked fire. No sand paper, nothing. The Flyers of old at least punished teams when they were losing. There was always that fear present and that's a big reason it was intimidating playing them. I don't know if it's a league thing or a Hextall/Berube thing. But they seemed more like the Flyers of old when Holmgren was there.

Berube.

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
Poor season, may not be the worst thing in the long run. Berube is obviously an inadequate coach and a Playoff spot would have papered over the cracks. I've said this before, but I really don't want Berube and his head-scratching scratches and lineup choices anywhere near Morin and Ghost if/when they crack the roster. At least his flaws have been there for all to see, whilst the draft should give us some much needed excitement.

The performances of Jake and G in the first half of the season and Mason's play throughout were fun to watch.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Berube (& perhaps managemnt as well) took a hardline on cutting down on penalties this season. It was a factor in why they got rid of Hartnell. The team in result has been the polar opposite of what we've come to see out of the Flyers in the past.

The Flyers were the 10th most penalized team in the league this year which is massive difference over what we've come to expect over the years as crazy as that might sound (they annually finished in the top 3 over the years). :laugh:

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Berube (& perhaps managemnt as well) took a hardline on cutting down on penalties this season. It was a factor in why they got rid of Hartnell. The team in result has been the polar opposite of what we've come to see out of the Flyers in the past.

The Flyers were the 10th most penalized team in the league this year which is massive difference over what we've come to expect over the years as crazy as that might sound (they annually finished in the top 3 over the years). :laugh:

Now if only they would get rid of an apparent integral part of their team, Rinaldo, imagine how many fewer pks they would have to kill.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
I'm a little sad to see Emery leave the ice for the final time. Yes, he cannot keep up anymore. But the guy is admirable. His career should have been over. He worked his way back, and completely changed his game, going from an athletic goalie to a positional goalie. Great example and veteran.

I hope he ends up succeeding as a goalie coach.

Maybe it's his future here starting next year?

Origina1Master

Mar 15, 2015
Man Mark Stone sure looks like a good player. Heck of a steal on Vora there... Sure is nice to get a player like that in the 6th round! I always liked him when he was playing for the wheat kings.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Oh, and another thing that Emery did that was ballsy as hell: Playing through clear pain. He never quit. In the Rangers series he was clearly in some serious discomfort and his movement were often labored. The guy is all heart.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

Berube thing..

if u played with grit, u got benched...

not even kidding sadly..

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I disagree that the team lacked compete-level. Shots were 22-6 or something half way through the game, and all three Senators goals happened on pretty egregious errors by the two best players on the team. Not that I'll hold them to it as the greater good was accomplished.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Oh, and another thing that Emery did that was ballsy as hell: Playing through clear pain. He never quit. In the Rangers series he was clearly in some serious discomfort and his movement were often labored. The guy is all heart.

See, Emery was the subject of so many ripdowns here on the forum, I'm not sure how many of the people here will agree with ya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad