Post-Game Talk: #82 | Capitals at Flyers | April 16, 2024 | Loss

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Didn't read all 6 pages yet, so apologies if these things have been mentioned.

Morgan Frost: 5th on team in points
5th on team in goals
T3rd on team in assists

In the most literal "must win" game of the season, a game where you desperately need offense, doesn't sniff the ice for an entire period. Safe is Death? My ass.

My favorite part of the night was pulling the goalie after the broadcast announced that Detroit had tied it, though.

Screenshot_20240416_221940_Chrome.jpg

How is there not one person that can get them that news in time :laugh: They couldn't even be good spoilers. Pathetic ending to a fugazi season. THE FLYERS ARE BACK!

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Wait... Is this actually real?

"Entirely palatable product" sounds like something a lawyer for a multi-national consumables corporation would utter when defending the lack of a product re-call that led to the deaths of several people.

You know those writers who overuse their vocabulary specifically to stroke their own ego? That’s all this is.

I try my best to see the good in everyone. There’s none here. This is your introduction to the worst Philadelphia sportswriter for at least the last 40 years. Most famous outside of Philadelphia for publicly accusing Ken Griffey Jr of being on steroids because he declined when he got older. I’m not leaving anything out. That’s the entire argument. Most famous in Philadelphia for being the most miserable prick to ever grace the earth.

He has a Baseball Hall of Fame vote. That tells you everything you need to know about that cartel.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Lucky you. I just missed that shit and have never shared the planet with a reigning Stanley Cup champion Philadelphia Flyers.
I shared it twice, when I was friggin' 13 and 14. I haven't shared the planet with the SC Champion Flyers while shaving!

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
lol Marcus Hayes
Is anyone surprised that the man who is famous for producing diarrhea with his keyboard is a fan of a man in Torts who is prodigious for his ability to produce diarrhea via his mouth?

Flyers development! Have a player who shows creativity but has deficient feet. What do we do? Throttle the creativity, have him focus on north-south Tortorellian hockey. Maximize his weakness and minimize his strengths. Then f***ing blame him for it.

Everyone who was mad at me for saying nothing will change because they changed nothing? Guess what!
Did the positivity fade with the Flyers playoff hopes?

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
It's simple. Laughton and Hathaway deserved to be out there in the last minute from their play all year and Cates was due to break out of his scoring slump. They played the season with guts and the coach was going down with his warriors.

Just like the great American hero General George Custer. Or Commander Peter Quincy Taggart. "Never give up, never surrender!"

Or do.

Reactions: BernieParent

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Frost has put up 2 points in his last 10 games, and none in his last 5. He's been in a massive slump at the most important time of the year.

Not that it makes sense to bench him. But he's been f***ing brutal recently. At least we won't have to worry about him playing next year.

f*** off Torts.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Frost has put up 2 points in his last 10 games, and none in his last 5. He's been in a massive slump at the most important time of the year.

Not that it makes sense to bench him. But he's been f***ing brutal recently. At least we won't have to worry about him playing next year.

f*** off Torts.
Hard to put up points when the head coach is playing you 7 minutes a night.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Ah yes. The glorious voice-over to sum up the Flyers season.

In the year of our lord 2024, Flyers of Philadelphia - playoff starved and having shat away the last month of the season meandered onto the ice at the Wells Fargo Center. They fought like opium smoking poets; they fought like Flyers;. and lost their chance with a couple minutes to go in the game so it didn't matter anyway.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Didn't read all 6 pages yet, so apologies if these things have been mentioned.

Morgan Frost: 5th on team in points
5th on team in goals
T3rd on team in assists

In the most literal "must win" game of the season, a game where you desperately need offense, doesn't sniff the ice for an entire period. Safe is Death? My ass.

My favorite part of the night was pulling the goalie after the broadcast announced that Detroit had tied it, though.

View attachment 853403

How is there not one person that can get them that news in time :laugh: They couldn't even be good spoilers. Pathetic ending to a fugazi season. THE FLYERS ARE BACK!

I looked up their value about two years ago and sent a hurricane of tweets to David Boreanaz, Rob McElhenney, etc. They aren't minted enough for that, but ~1.5 billion is reachable for a lot of people these days (seriously) once they create a consortium. The problem I realized later is that those guys would want to re-create the past as much as the losers who are already here. We need a data-loving tech douche with money to want to try out a stats project in hockey - there have been several of these guys in Europe buying football clubs and most of the heavy hitters have totally bought in.

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
I looked up their value about two years ago and sent a hurricane of tweets to David Boreanaz, Rob McElhenney, etc. They aren't minted enough for that, but ~1.5 billion is reachable for a lot of people these days (seriously) once they create a consortium. The problem I realized later is that those guys would want to re-create the past as much as the losers who are already here. We need a data-loving tech douche with money to want to try out a stats project in hockey - there have been several of these guys in Europe buying football clubs and most of the heavy hitters have totally bought in.
I think ownership is where this turnaround could happen...maybe the only place. Some rich guy...or gal!...with a massive ego who wants to win and show they are the alpha, a "look at me and F you" to everyone else... Just a thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad