GDT: #81| Saturday, Apr 8 2017| Blue Jackets at Flyers |12:30 p.m. ET| CSN

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
So Lavi drove Bob out of town, Berube Hartnell and now Hak is doing same with Mase? Good god our coaches have a penchant for shooting themselves in the foot. Did he scratch VDV at least?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Hak gave some weird answers when asked about Mason being "outspoken" (asked by Loki Panotch, who else).....talking about how he likes team-first players and team-first attitude is absolute.

Then point blank called him "streaky" this year when asked to assess him, which has been true, but he didn't even coach speak around it or soften it. Just blurted it out and said, "That's my answer."

It sounds like a passive-aggressive war of words between the two, with Mason saying he got tired out by the strings of consecutive games.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Panotch is a mongoloid.

This is who Timmy reminds me of.

4318433413_6a90fd231e_n.jpg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Morganti and Boruk also. Morganti said earlier this year he expected more out of Provorov. I almost died.

Very good point.

Let me add everyone at CSN too. Morganti, Boruk, and Barkann.

Also the guys at NBCSN, with the exception of Bobby Mac who sometimes makes appearances there.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Hak gave some weird answers when asked about Mason being "outspoken" (asked by Loki Panotch, who else).....talking about how he likes team-first players and team-first attitude is absolute.

Then point blank called him "streaky" this year when asked to assess him, which has been true, but he didn't even coach speak around it or soften it. Just blurted it out and said, "That's my answer."

This concerns me more than the dopey AMac STH comments. I have no problem with defending your players in the media, but to make this an exception? Needs to go.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
i simply cant wrap my head around the idea that Hex will choose Hakslogic over Mase.

this is going to blow up in his face if Mase leaves and Haks ends up back in goalie hell with a guy who cant stay healthy and a unknown source in Stolie.

take about playing russian roulette

04' hockey

Jul 1, 2003
City of Brotherly Lo
Visit site

telling..... "mace" isn't gone get resigned.....word is Flyers might take a run @ http://www.espn.com/nhl/player/_/id/5657/philipp-grubauer
Caps have major Cap issues

we'll see :dunno:

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
I can't see Neuvirth/Stolarz as an option for next year. I wonder if Mason other than not getting along with coach is asking for to much money and is going to Biron his way out of town

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
i simply cant wrap my head around the idea that Hex will choose Hakslogic over Mase.

this is going to blow up in his face if Mase leaves and Haks ends up back in goalie hell with a guy who cant stay healthy and a unknown source in Stolie.

take about playing russian roulette
... it isn't a choice between Hakstol and Mason.

If Mason isn't back then it either means he wanted too much/long, wanted to leave, or Hextall doesnt trust him to continue being starter, for whatever on- of off-ice reason.

And, once again, don't be sure he isn't back. If he does get signed it would be after the expansion draft, not before for obvious reasons.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Missed the game but saw the press conference. I wanted to reach through my TV and strangle Hakstol.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Hak is a nit wit.

I tried very hard to like him.

But his treatment of Neck, Ghost and Mason really made me sour on him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
From the sounds of it, I am glad that as soon as the games end, I lose coverage of the game. I feel I would lose it seeing the Tim P's of the world asking questions.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
So to the surprise of none on here, the Flyers do what they usually do and perform masterfully in meaningless games. I am displeased with my hope over the past couple of weeks that they would continue to lose for the best possible raft pick, but the alternative is to take pleasure in the success of a team that showed itself to be inept when it mattered.

These games are stat padding, nothing more. I don't believe in creating momentum for next season. Momentum ebbs and flows from one faceoff to the next, and too many factors happen over a nearly five-month period, including an extended stretch of watching the playoffs, to believe that plusses in play right now will have any effect to start next season. This is particularly true with the questionable coaching decisions that was too often counterintuitive to player ups and downs.

What's worse, the attitudes from the coach, as expressed here and throughout the season, and some of the emerging decisions going into next season are already starting to sour my optimism for progress going into 2017-18. Patience, as Hextall encouraged, does not equate to acceptance of mediocrity in effort, game plans, or contract renewals. Even the wonderful season Provorov is completing is paled by great players having a good season, good players doing okay, and poor players being rewarded for hitting their low ceilings.

One of the few benefits of missing the playoffs -- again -- would be to land a promising draft pic. Yet the can't even seem to do that right. Of course there is a chance that Hextall and the scouts can find a later-round gem, but the odds drop with every slot they give up.

Few seasons in the 42 I have followed the Flyers have left as bad a taste in my mouth as this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad