GDT: #81 - SABRES at BLUE JACKETS – FRI APR 10 @ 7:00 PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

HarryNealesGarden

Big Daddy Ted
Nov 15, 2009
BOS
Almost crazy to me how on-fire Columbus is despite being long since eliminated from the playoffs. They'll go hard one last time for their fans, Lindback will make 47 saves on 49 shots, the Sabres win 3-2 despite being outshot 49-21, and the entire FNC spontaneously combusts when Ottawa ices the Bruins at 3 PM and the Penguins announce they are sitting Crosby.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo

Of course he ****ing will. :laugh:

I don't see this being one of those games the Sabres are in right until the end. Maybe something like the Islanders games where the goals against don't come fast and furious but more sure and steady.

As for Risto rotating in, is he hurt or something?

Karate Johnson*

So.... Should I go to the game tonight? I can get a free club seat.

But do I want to be in the building? If we get out to a lead I won't want to be there at all.

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
On the radio a few weeks back they were talking about if the tank came down to the results of a shootout. Pretty much every fiber of my being wants us to lose tonight in OT and go to a shootout against the Pens. Just ****in because.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Here are the probable lineups:

SABRES

Matt Moulson - Johan Larsson - Tyler Ennis

Marcus Foligno - Mikhail Grigorenko - Brian Gionta

Cody Hodgson - Philip Varone - Zac Dalpe

Nicolas Deslauriers - Matt Ellis - Patrick Kaleta

Tyson Strachan - Zach Bogosian

Andrej Meszaros - Rasmus Ristolainen

Nikita Zadorov - Chad Ruhwedel

Anders Lindback

Matt Hackett

Scratched: None

Injured: Mike Weber (upper body), Jerry D'Amigo (facial surgery), Zemgus Girgensons (foot), Josh Gorges (lower body), Chad Johnson (lower body), Cody McCormick (blood clots), Evander Kane (shoulder), Andre Benoit (upper body)

BLUE JACKETS

Boone Jenner - Ryan Johansen - Cam Atkinson

Brandon Dubinsky - Artem Anisimov - Nick Foligno

Scott Hartnell - Alexander Wennberg - Marko Dano

Matt Calvert - Mark Letestu – Jeremy Morin

Jack Johnson - David Savard

Ryan Murray - Cody Goloubef

Fedor Tyutin - Dalton Prout

Sergei Bobrovsky

Curtis McElhinney

Scratched: Corey Tropp, Jared Boll, Kevin Connauton, Justin Falk

Injured: David Clarkson (oblique), Jack Skille (shoulder), Rene Bourque (back)

Status report: The Sabres recalled defenseman Chad Ruhwedel from Rochester of the American Hockey League for the second time this season. He had one assist and a plus-2 rating in two games in March for the Sabres… Tyutin returns after missing the past two games with an injury. He replaces Falk.

Who’s hot: Dubinsky has three goals and six assists in a six-game points streak. Columbus has scored 45 goals in the past 11 games… Meszaros has four goals and an assist in the past six games.

GAME NOTES PDF

PRESS CLIPS PDF

Karate Johnson*

Free club seat? Chance to witness history? I say go.

I would go to basically any sporting event for a free club seat

If it was 10 years ago and I was single it would be a no brainer.

But I have two little kids, my inlaws are in town for my daughters first birthday party tomorrow, and I'm sick.

But it would be sweet to be there and root for the jackets once. Since I've lived here for 25 years.

But I will be absolutely miserable if we make it a game.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Of course he ****ing will. :laugh:

I don't see this being one of those games the Sabres are in right until the end. Maybe something like the Islanders games where the goals against don't come fast and furious but more sure and steady.

As for Risto rotating in, is he hurt or something?

Well considering Makarov was sent down, Johnson is still recovering from his injury and Hacketts knee isn't 100% there not really an option but to start Lindback.

Bps21*

Well considering Makarov was sent down, Johnson is still recovering from his injury and Hacketts knee isn't 100% there not really an option but to start Lindback.

Paul Hamilton said he talked directly to Hackett and he said he's ready to go and feels as good as he's felt since before his last good start. He's obviously able to play since Makarov was sent back. Nolan is playing at "I'll talk to him after this game and see how he feels". But we know how he feels. Nolan is just trying to get those super important points

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I am hoping this is the 2nd last game of Mike Weber in a sabres uniform. One can only wish.

Yeah, b/c we need lots more spineless jellyfish of the ilk beloved by Darcy and Lindy! You know, the kind that made the "Miller Incident" in Boston a reality!

Hard nosed, hard working players who give their all every shift and defend their teammates?

Who needs 'em!

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Paul Hamilton said he talked directly to Hackett and he said he's ready to go and feels as good as he's felt since before his last good start. He's obviously able to play since Makarov was sent back. Nolan is playing at "I'll talk to him after this game and see how he feels". But we know how he feels. Nolan is just trying to get those super important points

Hey man, lay off Nolan. He was probably coaching hockey players at a relatively high level before you were born.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
What's the over/under for Ennis minutes tonight? 25 minutes

Bogosian? 30 minutes.

Teddy Nolan gonna pull out the stops tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad