GDT: #81 - SABRES at BLUE JACKETS – FRI APR 10 @ 7:00 PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I think it should be an easy loss but after CBJ blew out Toronto you have to wonder what the Blue Jackets will be playing like. I am tired of teams playing down to Buffalo's level.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
As always, there's a tank thread for pure tanking talk. Use it for that instead of the GDT, please.

No offense, but the GDT is a joke then. I know this is nothing new, but what's the point of making this a thread for just one or two people who don't understand the tank

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
Man, this game has me feeling antsy. If the Sabres win tonight, the FNC will be ugly for the pittsburgh game.

Clock

May 13, 2006
No offense, but the GDT is a joke then. I know this is nothing new, but what's the point of making this a thread for just one or two people who don't understand the tank

Then let it be a joke. Thanks.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013

I'd hazard a guess that you could not scrub together two people who do not "understand" the tank, lol. Maybe it's that there are more than one or two of us (yes, I'm in this group) who "understand" the tank, the rationale, the hope of it, etc., but who don't get off on the running thread of trash talking and negativity? :help:

For my own part, I subscribe to the notion that professional hockey is a competitive sport played by athletes who have spent near entire lives working for the chance to be on that ice tonight, and I just gotta admire each of them for that achievement. That kinda plugs me into deriving small pleasures from the spots of good plays and quality competition in each game.

Want the tank all you like, enjoy it, relish it, thrive in it, but let there be one thread around here that's allowed to be "positive" for what's on the ice today, not thinking about next year just yet.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
I'd hazard a guess that you could not scrub together two people who do not "understand" the tank, lol. Maybe it's that there are more than one or two of us (yes, I'm in this group) who "understand" the tank, the rationale, the hope of it, etc., but who don't get off on the running thread of trash talking and negativity? :help:

For my own part, I subscribe to the notion that professional hockey is a competitive sport played by athletes who have spent near entire lives working for the chance to be on that ice tonight, and I just gotta admire each of them for that achievement. That kinda plugs me into deriving small pleasures from the spots of good plays and quality competition in each game.

Want the tank all you like, enjoy it, relish it, thrive in it, but let there be one thread around here that's allowed to be "positive" for what's on the ice today, not thinking about next year just yet.

If you think tank talk is all trash talking and negativity, you truely don't understand the tank or the people who support it. 90% of the tank talk is trading a little bit of suffering today, for a team that will be capable of winning multiple cups in the future. For a team in a relevant sport in buffalo to finally win a championship in a league that still exists.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Praying to god I only have to explain this two more times, max...

The GDT is for people to talk about the actual hockey being played without the constant noise of the obvious tanking posts deluding conversation about said hockey.

The tank thread is for people to talk about the game who are only doing so in the context of tanking.

You can post in the GDT without being anti-tank, and lots of people post in both.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
If you think tank talk is all trash talking and negativity, you truely don't understand the tank or the people who support it. 90% of the tank talk is trading a little bit of suffering today, for a team that will be capable of winning multiple cups in the future. For a team in a relevant sport in buffalo to finally win a championship in a league that still exists.

Understanding a thing and agreeing with a thing are often two different things.

And even at that, I do not by definition or principle disagree with the tank aspirations. For me anyway, tanking for the future simply doesn't negate enjoying what there is of this team "today".

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Time for a bizarre feels confession.

Calling somebody (or at least planning to) to get tons of emotions off my chest tomorrow and should be nervous about it. Nope, this game's got my worrying more.

Similar situations. Get yes-then-no'd for senior prom with a soccer game the next night? Doesn't matter, plays one of the best games in my life, scores GWG. Miller traded with a game the next night? Can't even focus on soccer.

This should be a good one.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Praying to god I only have to explain this two more times, max...

The GDT is for people to talk about the actual hockey being played without the constant noise of the obvious tanking posts deluding conversation about said hockey.

The tank thread is for people to talk about the game who are only doing so in the context of tanking.

You can post in the GDT without being anti-tank, and lots of people post in both.

:biglaugh: Maybe I have a cruel streak cuz I read your prayer and cracked up with the sudden image of the Sabres winning both today and tomorrow, throwing you into a whole new season ahead of praying they tank better for the next draft so that it will finally stop...

K, cruel streak over, I'll revert to crossed fingers that your prayers will be answered with losses today/tomorrow.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Excited to watch the actual hockey actually being played tonight by the players on both hockey teams. I hope the millionaires in our local blue and gold colors lose the game though :dunno:

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
My leg hurts, I think we win tonight. 3-1 Sabres win tonight and finish against the Pens with an OT loss.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Time for a bizarre feels confession.

Calling somebody (or at least planning to) to get tons of emotions off my chest tomorrow and should be nervous about it. Nope, this game's got my worrying more.

Similar situations. Get yes-then-no'd for senior prom with a soccer game the next night? Doesn't matter, plays one of the best games in my life, scores GWG. Miller traded with a game the next night? Can't even focus on soccer.

This should be a good one.

I'm gonna be a father for the first time around the 24th and McEichel is the first thing on my mind! Ugh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad