GDT: #81: FLYERS at Blues, Thursday, April 4, 2019, 8:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Mimsy will probably scratch Myers or Ghost. ****ing tool.
It should be Hagg or Provorov, which means it certainly won't be. Both had horrible turnovers last game, yet they didn't receive the same in-game treatment as Ghost did and won't get scratched either.

Reactions: BiggE

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost has his share of mistakes last night, Voracek gave up the first goal, it was a team effort.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Voracek's play last night was infuriating. He played like he didn't give a damn and that is inexcusable for a pro, especially one who is supposed to be a team leader and is making major bucks. I want him gone. Not for picks, I want a hockey trade that can either bring back a 2C or a shoot first winger, but I want him gone. The soft, passionless attitude of this team needs to change.

I also hope they move or buyout AMac, it's time for him to go as well. Both Frost and Farabee should be given every opportunity to make this team out of camp. Frost adds speed and skill to a lineup that can badly use some and Farabee adds skill, smarts, hustle and a motor that never turns off. They are exactly what this team needs.

Talbot can go, he's looks like a guy who is just shot. I'd offer Elliott a one year deal at his current salary to be Hart's backup/mentor next season, I very much doubt he'll get a better offer anywhere else. Hopefully he can stay healthy playing a workload of only 25 or so games. If he gets hurt, you deal with it then.

So, move Jake in a hockey trade, add more youth and skill, re-sign Elliott for one year, and see if you can package Gudas and our 1st (if not a top 3 pick) to try and upgrade on D. And, finally, bring in an entire new and improved coaching staff.

LET'S START WINNING AGAIN!!

Reactions: tucson83

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Another deadhead is the last thing we needed around here. Thank god you aren't GM.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Voracek's play last night was infuriating. He played like he didn't give a damn and that is inexcusable for a pro, especially one who is supposed to be a team leader and is making major bucks. I want him gone. Not for picks, I want a hockey trade that can either bring back a 2C or a shoot first winger, but I want him gone. The soft, passionless attitude of this team needs to change.

I also hope they move or buyout AMac, it's time for him to go as well. Both Frost and Farabee should be given every opportunity to make this team out of camp. Frost adds speed and skill to a lineup that can badly use some and Farabee adds skill, smarts, hustle and a motor that never turns off. They are exactly what this team needs.

Talbot can go, he's looks like a guy who is just shot. I'd offer Elliott a one year deal at his current salary to be Hart's backup/mentor next season, I very much doubt he'll get a better offer anywhere else. Hopefully he can stay healthy playing a workload of only 25 or so games. If he gets hurt, you deal with it then.

So, move Jake in a hockey trade, add more youth and skill, re-sign Elliott for one year, and see if you can package Gudas and our 1st (if not a top 3 pick) to try and upgrade on D. And, finally, bring in an entire new and improved coaching staff.

As you know from that other place I am wholly on the trade Jake bandwagon. But it definitely has to be for a NHL top 6 player and if it's for a second liner we need to get some prospects and/or picks back also.

Goalie I am worried about how they solve that after Hart. I'm not expecting Talbot back after his disasters. Elliott might be a possible but not really counting on him. And I doubt they roll with Lyon or a kid.

AMac and Gudas are need to go in my hope but if one is here in only a #7 role I'm fine with it. Hagg can be tossed to the curb also.

Coaching definitely is needed to be fully changed NHL and AHL level.

I'd love to see
G-Coots-New Forward
Lindblom-Patrick-TK
JvR-Frost-Farabee
Raffl-Laughton-Hartman

Provorov-Sanheim
New D-Myers
Morin-Ghost

Hart
?????

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
As you know from that other place I am wholly on the trade Jake bandwagon. But it definitely has to be for a NHL top 6 player and if it's for a second liner we need to get some prospects and/or picks back also.

Goalie I am worried about how they solve that after Hart. I'm not expecting Talbot back after his disasters. Elliott might be a possible but not really counting on him. And I doubt they roll with Lyon or a kid.

AMac and Gudas are need to go in my hope but if one is here in only a #7 role I'm fine with it. Hagg can be tossed to the curb also.

You're safe now...you can start thinking again

Reactions: Magua

Branko

Jul 5, 2011

Agreed - his attitude is garbage and not what we need around the locker room. He's more interested in whining on twitter than helping the team win.

Also, the quote below pretty much defines his attitude towards being a Flyer going forward:

“I think we said [before] maybe the core’s got to get traded,’’ Voracek said. “Maybe we got to get traded – me, ‘G’ [Claude Giroux], ‘Coots’ [Sean Couturier] – I don’t know. You figure it out.’’

Nope Jake, just you. G and Coots are part of the plan going forward.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

I'd love to see
G-Coots-New Forward
Lindblom-Patrick-TK
JvR-Frost-Farabee
Raffl-Laughton-Hartman

Provorov-Sanheim
New D-Myers
Morin-Ghost

Hart
?????
If a kid like Rubtsov can make the team and push Raffl to being a healthy scratch/spare forward, so much the better. I really don't like Provy-Sanheim together, both are better on the left side. I'd rather make a play for a legit top 4 RH Dman in a trade and go with:

Provy-New RH D
Sanheim-Myers
Morin-Ghost

Reactions: flyersfan187

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017

you are not the only one, i was watching nhl network last week they were saying the same thing about jake should be traded and from what chuck is saying, i believe everyone accept giroux is on notice, i expect big changes, i'll be shocked if there are none.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
If a kid like Rubtsov can make the team and push Raffl to being a healthy scratch/spare forward, so much the better. I really don't like Provy-Sanheim together, both are better on the left side. I'd rather make a play for a legit top 4 RH Dman in a trade and go with:

Provy-New RH D
Sanheim-Myers
Morin-Ghost

Those would work also...

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
You're:clap:Never:clap:Going:clap:To :clap:Get:clap: Full :clap:Value :clap:When:clap:Trading:clap:A:clap:Veteran:clap:Player:clap:On:clap:A:clap:Big:clap:Contract

Unless you trade him straight up for another skilled veteran on a big contract (provided it doesn't have more years left on it than Jake's) which I'm fine with. I think this veteran core needs shaking up and Jake should be the guy that goes. If you can't find a partner to trade with, so be it, but I'd certainly give it a shot.

Sometimes players just need a change of scenery and/or a wake up call. Lets at least see if there is a possible deal to be made. I'm certainly not advocating trading him at any cost, that would be asinine.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Flyers lose a completely meaningless game well after they've been eliminated from the postseason and it turns into trade Voracek day
tenor.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So who are we getting when trading away the 6th highest scoring RW over the past 5 seasons?

:popcorn: Clearly this was thoroughly thought out so I'm interested to hear this plan.

I agree that the last thing we want on this roster is size, speed, and skill, so Voracek has to go! He's basically a cap dump.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Flyers lose a completely meaningless game well after they've been eliminated from the postseason and it turns into trade Voracek day
tenor.gif
We aren't looking to dump him, we are looking to do a you take our problem high talent guy for your problem high talent deal. By they way we did one of those to get Jake and won it pretty much as Columbus had to move Carter again shortly after and we got Jake/Coots for him.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Agreed - his attitude is garbage and not what we need around the locker room. He's more interested in whining on twitter than helping the team win.

Also, the quote below pretty much defines his attitude towards being a Flyer going forward:

“I think we said [before] maybe the core’s got to get traded,’’ Voracek said. “Maybe we got to get traded – me, ‘G’ [Claude Giroux], ‘Coots’ [Sean Couturier] – I don’t know. You figure it out.’’

Nope Jake, just you. G and Coots are part of the plan going forward.

Jesus Christ did he really say that after the game? If so get him the f*** out of here he's a cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad