80% of Draisaitl's starts are in the O-Zone, right way to develop a player?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
This is only somewhat true. If you are never an above average skater for your age group then you will never be an above average skater in the NHL. Skating typically never goes from a weakness to a strength between junior and NHL. But it can get up to a level that won't hold a player back in the NHL.

i mean the main reason why Braun went from being an average Dman to what he is now is largely due to the improvements hes made to his skating, and he did it all relatively late in his career.

i dunno who his power skating coach was but hes done wonders for his career :P.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
It's mind blowing he isn't in juniors right now. He's the damned poster child for junior league development. Unfathomable, even for Edmonton.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
It's mind blowing he isn't in juniors right now. He's the damned poster child for junior league development. Unfathomable, even for Edmonton.

Yup, he only really had 1 partial good season in Junior, a pretty weak January in the middle of his last junior year. Very little playoffs as well. For some stupid reason (that being, Lowe and Friends running the Oilers are stupid) MacT said he can't develop any more at that level. Now they are back to suggesting he can indeed develop in junior because they've been caught yet again being dumb and have to backtrack.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Holy ****, didn't understand there were fourth liners having 10% OZS but almost 40% OZ finishes, is that normal or does Edmonton have an exceptional 4th line?

Hendricks-Gordon-Joensuu were playing pretty incredible.

At one point Gordon had something like 15% offensive zone starts and a 55% Fenwick For.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
I'd rather have Draisaitl play high offensive zone starts against low QoC than play in Prince Albert, who, imo, suck at player development. Ideally if the Oilers could get Draisaitl traded to a better dub team such Kelowna, that would be for the best.

Bill_Crosby*

Busting makes him feel good

fqfqd.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad