TBN: 8 Sabres games will be carried exclusively on ESPN+

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Alan Pergament: 8 Sabres games will be carried exclusively on ESPN+; Josh Allen a Formula 1 fan

The play-by-play announcer told viewers during a break in the action that eight Sabres games won’t be carried on MSG, which is available on cable and DirecTV, and instead will be carried exclusively on the streaming service ESPN+.

I have no idea what those 8 games are. I guess they want it to be a surprise.

Mark Preisler, executive vice president for Pegula Sports and Entertainment:
"For those without ESPN+ five of the eight games are home games so fans can also come down and see the games in person."

Great ticket selling strategy.

The seven other Sabres games on ESPN+ are Nov. 2 at San Jose; Nov. 12 against Edmonton; Dec. 7 against Anaheim; Feb. 1 at Las Vegas; March 4 at Minnesota; April 5 against Carolina; and April 7 at Carolina. The Sabres don’t have any games on ESPN’s regular NHL package and only two games on TNT’s package – March 13 with Toronto and March 23 with Pittsburgh.

So there's a total 15 games on ESPN+plus 2 on TNT.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Alan Pergament: 8 Sabres games will be carried exclusively on ESPN+; Josh Allen a Formula 1 fan

The play-by-play announcer told viewers during a break in the action that eight Sabres games won’t be carried on MSG, which is available on cable and DirecTV, and instead will be carried exclusively on the streaming service ESPN+.

I have no idea what those 8 games are. I guess they want it to be a surprise.

Mark Preisler, executive vice president for Pegula Sports and Entertainment:
"For those without ESPN+ five of the eight games are home games so fans can also come down and see the games in person."

Great ticket selling strategy.

The seven other Sabres games on ESPN+ are Nov. 2 at San Jose; Nov. 12 against Edmonton; Dec. 7 against Anaheim; Feb. 1 at Las Vegas; March 4 at Minnesota; April 5 against Carolina; and April 7 at Carolina. The Sabres don’t have any games on ESPN’s regular NHL package and only two games on TNT’s package – March 13 with Toronto and March 23 with Pittsburgh.

So there's a total 15 games on ESPN+plus 2 on TNT.

From an email the team sent out:

Important Broadcast Information:

In order to watch the broadcast of the Sabres game on October 22 vs. Boston Bruins you will need to stream the game on ESPN+. This game will not be available on MSG. The list below includes all games this season airing exclusively on ESPN+.
Eight Sabres games will air exclusively on ESPN+:
  • October 22 vs. Boston Bruins at 7 p.m.
  • November 2 at San Jose Sharks at 10:30 p.m.
  • November 12 vs. Edmonton Oilers at 7 p.m.
  • December 7 vs. Anaheim Ducks at 7:30 p.m.
  • February 1 at Vegas Golden Knights at 10 p.m.
  • March 4 vs. Minnesota Wild at 7 p.m.
  • April 5 vs. Carolina Hurricanes at 7 p.m.
  • April 7 at Carolina Hurricanes at 7:30 p.m.

Reactions: joshjull

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I'm pretty sure every game league wide that's not national broadcast is on ESPN+, just some will be exclusive to only ESPN+

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
A little FYI on ESPN+, the streaming has been AWFUL for hockey. Blurry, laggy, glitchy, horrible.

It has been fine for me both on the ESPN app on my iPhone 8+ and through the ESPN app on my Amazon Fire Stick.

Maybe it's because I recently upgraded to Greenlight...

:dunno:

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
It has been fine for me both on the ESPN app on my iPhone 8+ and through the ESPN app on my Amazon Fire Stick.

Maybe it's because I recently upgraded to Greenlight...

:dunno:
I have Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ bundled together and it comes up for me just like any other live channels. It’s been pretty awesome tbh.

Reactions: Daz28

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
A little FYI on ESPN+, the streaming has been AWFUL for hockey. Blurry, laggy, glitchy, horrible.
I've had some stutters here and there on Roku, but that's it

I just hope they don't black it out for cordcutters like they sometimes do with stuff like this.
They won't be blacked out because there is no local broadcast.

Reactions: Jim Bob

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I just hope they don't black it out for cordcutters like they sometimes do with stuff like this.
They always did with NHL.tv. Not sure why ESPN would be any different. The AZ game wasn't on ESPN+ for me, so I fired up MSG on Fubo. Kind of expensive to maintain Fubo for MSG, but they haven't caught on yet that I am not in the local market (maybe they don't care).

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
They always did with NHL.tv. Not sure why ESPN would be any different. The AZ game wasn't on ESPN+ for me, so I fired up MSG on Fubo. Kind of expensive to maintain Fubo for MSG, but they haven't caught on yet that I am not in the local market (maybe they don't care).
I wasn't able to watch the game on Sling due to the blackout on NHLN and in AZ you can only get the RSN with DirecTV/ATT that the Yotes games are on. The replay wasn't available yesterday afternoon when I checked, but I am able to watch the replay today.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I wasn't able to watch the game on Sling due to the blackout on NHLN and in AZ you can only get the RSN with DirecTV/ATT that the Yotes games are on. The replay wasn't available yesterday afternoon when I checked, but I am able to watch the replay today.
Yeah, replays for local blackouts seem available two days later every time I've tried. I actually just watched the Sabres opener last night cuz I was busy at the time.

Reactions: jc17

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Yeah, replays for local blackouts seem available two days later every time I've tried. I actually just watched the Sabres opener last night cuz I was busy at the time.
Thanks didn't realize this

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Try changing things up, if you're able. Try a different browser or a different device. I've haven't tried watching the games on the big screen (integrated app or roku) but I have tried multiple stream simultaneous with great results--games on each monitor while also streaming on an android tablet. The picture quality on the tablet has the better resolution and a higher frame rate, but the feeds have all been smooth and very watchable.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3