GDT: 8|Pittsburgh Penguins @ Calgary Flames|10-25-18|9:00PM EST|Again! Again! Again!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@12IsGreaterThan47 I actually talked to my brother about that same thing this morning. It has that "too good to be true" moment when the trade happens and the player you get is like a shell of himself playing a role that isn't their best.

I'm trying to be very patient with Brassard. His game is just so vanilla. I'd take Bonino over Brassard 10/10 times even at 4.1m :laugh:

But like I always say, it's very important to give time to let them get used to the system. But he's closing in on 40-50 total games. And it's not getting better.

Reactions: TNT87 and KIRK

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
@12IsGreaterThan47 I actually talked to my brother about that same thing this morning. It has that "too good to be true" moment when the trade happens and the player you get is like a shell of himself playing a role that isn't their best.

I'm trying to be very patient with Brassard. His game is just so vanilla. I'd take Bonino over Brassard 10/10 times even at 4.1m :laugh:

But like I always say, it's very important to give time to let them get used to the system. But he's closing in on 40-50 total games. And it's not getting better.

I wish they would figure out where they want him and leave him be for 10 games. I don’t think being jerked around from center to wing every 2-3 games is helping right now because he can’t find a rhythm

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

I'm willing to give him a pass because I don't think Sullivan is using the optimal line combos, but man, it feels like we're quickly slip-sliding back into the Bylsma era. Brassard (and Rust, and a host of others) need to be better, period.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I hate hockey coaches... but I love Sid... im going to be torn if he ever gets into coaching lol
Sid looks like the kind of guy that will run his charities and enjoy life for a bit before he takes on any kind of role, but I think a guy like Crosby would probably do what Yzerman did. Start off as an AGM and then if he likes it, keep going.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Pens are hacking Smith every chance they get. They know he is a little baby.

Hank was infuriatingly difficult for us to solve for years and then we finally got on his nerves enough with guys like Hornqvist and we solved him. I think the year we beat them in the playoffs there was a regular season game where Hank got so mad he shoved the net off during play. I knew we were finally on the right track against them with that game.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wish they would figure out where they want him and leave him be for 10 games. I don’t think being jerked around from center to wing every 2-3 games is helping right now because he can’t find a rhythm

Fair but we have to call a spade a spade at this point. He is not even close to the player we expected. (and ill say it for the 10000th time - I'm still giving about 20 more games before stamping that down)

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Grant has done nothing in his 2 shifts so far. I hope he's held to the same standard as Sprong.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Fair but we have to call a spade a spade at this point. He is not even close to the player we expected. (and ill say it for the 10000th time - I'm still giving about 20 more games before stamping that down)

I agree that he isn’t playing up to how I expected and I’m not sure why. Maybe he just isn’t suited for a bottom six role. Hopefully he starts picking it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad