GDT: 8|Pittsburgh Penguins @ Calgary Flames|10-25-18|9:00PM EST|Again! Again! Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
cut.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Calgary Flames
Thursday, October 25, 2018
9:00 PM - Scotiabank Saddledome

TV -
AT&T SportsNet
RADIO - 105.9 FM, the X​

Game Day Notes:
Game Preview: Pens-Flames

* Phil Kessel will be playing his 700th straight game tonight (768 including playoffs) against the Flames. It will also be Kessel's 254th straight game for Pittsburgh, tying Evgeni Malkin for the fifth-longest consecutive game streak in team history.

* Pittsburgh had 11 players register a point against the Oilers, including Patric Hornqvist and Jamie Oleksiak who each scored 2 goals.

* The Flames are led by Johnny Gaudreau and Matthew Tkachuk, both posting 12 points.

* Defenseman Travis Hamonic could possibly return to the lineup after missing the previous 8 games with an upper-body injury.

Lines:​

Pittsburgh Penguins
Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel
Simon-Brassard-Hornqvist
Sheahan-Cullen-Sprong

Dumoulin-Letang
Johnson-Riikola
Maatta-Oleksiak

Murray
DeSmith

Calgary Flames
Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Jankowski-Neal
Czarnik-Dube-Hathaway

Giordano-Andersson
Hanifin-Hamonic
Brodie-Stone

Smith​

Expect.... effort from Calgary

3d7fb3_619482c42fd047e78b56e6eb804fda3a~mv2.webp

“That’s an embarrassing effort. That’s a bad way to play,” fumed Tkachuk, showing the type of heart-on-his-sleeve leadership that prompted the Flames to name him an alternate captain this fall. “We leave our goalie out to dry for the whole game. I mean, he’s not God in there. You can’t stop everything. At one point, they’re going to go in.

“Myself included, lazy plays in front of our net in our zone, and they get ahead of us. And taking long shifts, myself included. We’re getting out there, we’re tired, and they just keep getting these chances. And eventually, they’re going to go in.

“It was a bad effort after we got away with one in New York because of our goalie. So maybe tonight, we could return him the favour and play well — and hope he plays well, but if not, we bail him out.
‘That’s an embarrassing effort’: Flames waste great goaltending in Montreal

Wanna watch it again?

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well, I’m going to have to go 4-3 Flames, maybe in OT...we did the same thing with EDM last year when we played them there and beat them by one goal...after that, we went next to Calgary just like now and lost to the Flames in OT...unfortunately I’m saying history repeats itself on the Western Canada trip and we’ll lose...

The only thing that’ll get me to change my mind is if Malkin tells the media that he’s predicting a win tonight....

lordstanley91

Jan 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Hamonic is confirmed to be playing, Valimaki will be sitting out.

Also my date had to cancel on me tonight, sooo I am taking a random tinder girl to the game. Hopefully I don’t get murdered, but someone else will have to keep the Tom Hanks gif spirit alive!

giphy.gif
Automatic happy ending w tinder dates...put in a good showing my friend

Last edited:
Reactions: Zirakzigil

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Should be an easy win if we play like we did against Edmonton.
You mean that 6-5 win in OT where our defense had more holes than swiss cheese?

I am hoping for more of the Leafs game. I get it, the Pens stink to high heavens when they have more than 2 days off between games, so tonight should be a "back into the groove of things" type of game.

I hope...?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I've made a new drink, I call it the Sully Shuffle.

It's 4 shots of Black Label in a sleeve of beer.

It gets you black out drunk rather quickly so you can't fully grasp the shit show in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->