GDT: #8 // Coyotes and Senators

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Everyone bags on Turris - but I always remember him going into the tough areas and into the crease. He would take his lumps. He got knocked down a bunch. But he always gave an effort and went into there. Remember it how you want, but it wasn't the case. He always tried. It was crappy he left. But I for one don't blame him for wanting out from Tippett.

He has been a good hockey player at both ends of the ice for Ottawa. I for one don't trust Tippet's analysis of any player. Especially if the player is more offensive. Moss, Chipchura, cunningham, mcmillian, klinkhammer.... Reider couldn't make the roster last year. He comes up and was one of the best forwards...

Turris is a nice kid.... heck my daughter still has a Coyotes build-a-bear with a custom Turris jersey autographed by him.

But the problem with Turris was he was offensive minded only. Couldn't back check to save his ass, and in a Tippet system that's the short road to purgatory. When he got to Ottawa he was just as bad and only in the past couple of years he started playing 200 feet hockey.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Man you guys treat your players brutally.
Hang out down here long enough, pour enough emotional energy and money down the Coyotes Drain and you'll start to be like them. I've only been on this fail boat for three years (three dreadful, dreadful years), and haven't yet contracted the highly communicable disease known as UghThatsSoCoyotesitis, but my day is coming. It gets everyone. Symptoms vary from person to person, but severe cases leave people completely incapable of rational thought. The targets of their rage varies based on which 4th liner they last saw not sprinting around the ice wildly, and in most of calendar 2015, it's been Kyle Chipchura. The hallucinations are so bad that people afflicted with the disease can't even pronounce their words properly ... you'll hear Tipchura or Chipsyuk or a number of other things. Boedker too. And Smith. Oh good heavens, do they hate Mike Smith.

We advise our Western Canadian tourists to avoid close contact with those afflicted, bring all-dressed chips and Kokanee Beer when they make their winter pilgrimage and to please leave their toques in Manitoba. Enjoy your stay in forum 40 ;)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Good post ck but you forgot:

868025698.0.gif

Incidentally he did sprint around the ice wildly :snide:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hang out down here long enough, pour enough emotional energy and money down the Coyotes Drain and you'll start to be like them. I've only been on this fail boat for three years (three dreadful, dreadful years), and haven't yet contracted the highly communicable disease known as UghThatsSoCoyotesitis, but my day is coming. It gets everyone. Symptoms vary from person to person, but severe cases leave people completely incapable of rational thought. The targets of their rage varies based on which 4th liner they last saw not sprinting around the ice wildly, and in most of calendar 2015, it's been Kyle Chipchura. The hallucinations are so bad that people afflicted with the disease can't even pronounce their words properly ... you'll hear Tipchura or Chipsyuk or a number of other things. Boedker too. And Smith. Oh good heavens, do they hate Mike Smith.

We advise our Western Canadian tourists to avoid close contact with those afflicted, bring all-dressed chips and Kokanee Beer when they make their winter pilgrimage and to please leave their toques in Manitoba. Enjoy your stay in forum 40 ;)

Oh man:laugh:

Big thanks for the laugh :laugh:

Best post ive seen in a while.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Turris is an above average player who was thrust into a #1C position two years before he was ready. Being young, he chafed at being demoted to the A after a run as #1C. He needed a fresh start. I just don't like the manner in which he pushed, being poisonous in the clubhouse and dogging it on the ice.
Every team needs a Chipchura. Look at Edmonton with 3 lines of highly skilled prima donnas. I just don't get the hate for a player who fits the need and does what he's asked.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We should rename the Coyotes board "The doom and gloom, we hate Chip and we hate Tip no matter what board", even though the team is 4-3-1 after 8 games and starting 3 rookies. Seriously, everyone should be stoked so far this year. We sucked in preseason, predicted to be LAST in the NHL by 99% of the experts, and Tip won't give rookies 10 or more minutes. Dead wrong so far.....

Who cares about Chip, the guy gets limited minutes, gets healthy scratched, plays all over the line up, plays some PK, and has a few points this year, a big one tonight. Match-ups and chemistry dictate where Chip plays, not video game fantasy league hockey, so forget about the 2c/3c/4c/4w. Chip is a plug, nothing more, has played well (for Chip) and will be gone soon enough. As Jakey said, all teams have guys like Chip.

Based on expectations, I don't get why some of you guys are so down on the team/Tip/Chip. We were expected to be CBJ, and so far, fingers crossed, we are not :)

Exactly.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
man you guys are rough on Boeds, a few teams would gladly take him off your hands.
yes give Boedker all fault for not being an 80+ player on a **** coyote team in the West. (with a guy like Tippet) - I mean it was evident for all the hockey world to see what happened with Turris in the dessert.

inconsistent, he was becoming consistent before his injury.

Im sure all this hate is coming because Domi and Duclair are off to hot starts, and im sure those guys will consiatently hit 70+ points with ypu guys thru the next few years.:sarcasm:

Man you guys treat your players brutally.

Boedker deserves some respect, and objectivity!

And how was that an ugly unearned hatty?

Boedker got off to a brutal start. He started the season as an experiment being a point man on the PP which did not turn out well, and some think that hurt his production. I still think Boedker is a big part of this team, but I believe I'm in the minority.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

That about sums it up.:laugh:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Turris is an above average player who was thrust into a #1C position two years before he was ready. Being young, he chafed at being demoted to the A after a run as #1C. He needed a fresh start. I just don't like the manner in which he pushed, being poisonous in the clubhouse and dogging it on the ice.
Every team needs a Chipchura. Look at Edmonton with 3 lines of highly skilled prima donnas. I just don't get the hate for a player who fits the need and does what he's asked.

Every year the posters pick a whipping boy and this year it looks like it is Chip, last year it was Moss.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Why would you say that? The goals looked good.

The first two the Sens put on a tee for him. It takes skill to finish, which he did, and is nice to see. Third was an empty netter which I suppose - given the Coyotes track record with empty nets - should be praised.

There's a difference between the Coyotes beating a team and that team beating themselves. The games against LA, Anaheim, and now the Sens were the latter. I'd say really only the Pens game felt earned, and they are playing like ass still. It's nice to not be a total embarrassment but the unwatchable hockey of last year is starting to shine through. It's going to be rough if Hanzal is hurt for a significant amount of time.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The first two the Sens put on a tee for him. It takes skill to finish, which he did, and is nice to see. Third was an empty netter which I suppose - given the Coyotes track record with empty nets - should be praised.

There's a difference between the Coyotes beating a team and that team beating themselves. The games against LA, Anaheim, and now the Sens were the latter. I'd say really only the Pens game felt earned, and they are playing like ass still. It's nice to not be a total embarrassment but the unwatchable hockey of last year is starting to shine through. It's going to be rough if Hanzal is hurt for a significant amount of time.

I kind of agree with you on the LA and Anaheim game, but not tonight. I thought we played a pretty good road game. Why do you say they are playing like ass? What has happened so far is pretty damn good, much better than I and most expected.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)

Well I thought the goals looked pretty good. If he does that more often he will get more. But I know a lot of teams are not running at their normal or expected level and that has made us look good so I agree there.

But at least we are making the effort and picking up points in the meantime. And the young guns are getting comfortable with their role so they will be over that hump barring any sophmore jinx when we introduce the next wave of rookies next year. That is all I am hoping for this year. The wins are a bonus. For me, I have no disappointment.

Lyotes

Aug 8, 2012
Arizona
Every year the posters pick a whipping boy and this year it looks like it is Chip, last year it was Moss.

It was warranted with Moss. He couldn't even crack an AHL line up this season, yet he was given the most important roles last year. Power play and extra attacker ice time. That's why people have an issue with Tippet. Just because a player looks like he's working hard, like moss, that doesn't mean he has the talent to be on the ice for those purposes. He was never going to tie a game for us so it was completely useless to play him. Tippet should of put out a forward who had the talent to score, not work hard with out seeing any rewards for his "hard work".

Chipchura is far better then Moss. I know he has a place on this team. But second line center is not it. At this point though with vermette out I understand why he was centering that line.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It was warranted with Moss. He couldn't even crack an AHL line up this season, yet he was given the most important roles last year. Power play and extra attacker ice time. That's why people have an issue with Tippet. Just because a player looks like he's working hard, like moss, that doesn't mean he has the talent to be on the ice for those purposes. He was never going to tie a game for us so it was completely useless to play him. Tippet should of put out a forward who had the talent to score, not work hard with out seeing any rewards for his "hard work".

Chipchura is far better then Moss. I know he has a place on this team. But second line center is not it. At this point though with vermette out I understand why he was centering that line.

Fair point.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We all know Chip is a short term bandaid in our top 9. We had an injury we went with Plan B. We won.

Nice that Boedker showed up. Please repeat. Often. Earn the contract.

Thought kids were hanging a bit high tonight in D zone. I actually thought John Scott played well. I'm not advocating a first line spot for him but he didn't offend me with his play.

Ever since OEL launched his fashion line his brain has been elsewhere. He's got to pick up his game. He's better than what he's showing.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
OEL started off slowly last year, too. So hopefully that picks up, and hopefully Hanzal isn't out long.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't like Chipchura on the 4th line. Higher than that is an atrocity and Tippett should be brought before the UN and tried for crimes against humanity. That said, we all expected this. There is no surprise. It is the perfect representation of what is frustrating about Tippett, though. It's an easy example to point to when Tippett's pig headedness and obvious bias makes fans grouchy.

Losses suck, even when you expect them. Wins should be fun, especially when they're viewed as a bonus. I'll start cheering for losses in January, but not right now. The performance of Domi, Duclair, and Rieder should be all we need to be happy as fans this season. Especially with what Dvorak and Strome are doing in the OHL right now, and how talented the top five in this draft look.

The darkest of days should be behind us.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
btw that really wasn't Richardson out there tonight....

Lol, and did you notice they also had #10 as Erat? Guess Duclair never got the memo.

Great game, glad I stayed up late to watch it.
They played composed, and Lindback held the fort. Love seeing a back-up come out with a win.

I'm a little confused about Doan being 'washed up'. Yea, he's not as fast but before last night's game, he had 4 points in 7 games. And his leadership for the young guys is valuable.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
We should rename the Coyotes board "The doom and gloom, we hate Chip and we hate Tip no matter what board", even though the team is 4-3-1 after 8 games and starting 3 rookies. Seriously, everyone should be stoked so far this year. We sucked in preseason, predicted to be LAST in the NHL by 99% of the experts, and Tip won't give rookies 10 or more minutes. Dead wrong so far.....

Who cares about Chip, the guy gets limited minutes, gets healthy scratched, plays all over the line up, plays some PK, and has a few points this year, a big one tonight. Match-ups and chemistry dictate where Chip plays, not video game fantasy league hockey, so forget about the 2c/3c/4c/4w. Chip is a plug, nothing more, has played well (for Chip) and will be gone soon enough. As Jakey said, all teams have guys like Chip.

Based on expectations, I don't get why some of you guys are so down on the team/Tip/Chip. We were expected to be CBJ, and so far, fingers crossed, we are not :)

Excellent post.
As far as why some people exhibit this negativity is rather simple. Those with low self esteem love to have someone to blame and criticize. Of course I generalize, but this negative behavior typically manifests itself in those that (if they never rise above it) wind up asking: would you like fry's with that? ......For years to come.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad