Bruins Classics GDT 8:30 PM NESN - 2011 SCF GAME 4 - THE BEAR WANTS BLOOD - Canucks lead series 2-1

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
MQFxnym.gif
MQFxnym.gif

upload_2020-4-17_21-26-56.png

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Dennis Seidenberg's tweets tonight are pretty informative. Seems like a really sharp guy, which is to be expected considering his style on the ice.

My favorite was how he was motivated because Dirk Nowitzki recorded a message to Christian Ehrhoff wishing him luck as a fellow German, and he never did anything for Seids.

Seids still isn't that old, he's only 38. It sucks, that ACL injury in Ottawa was the beginning of the end for not only him, but that Bruins core as well. We definitely win the cup in 2014 with him healthy for the playoffs.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
My hot take in retrospect is that as much as I had some of the best fun of my life in mocking Roberto Luongo all series long, he really wasn't that bad this game. In the first period he actually made some really good saves to keep it close. None of the goals were all that much his fault. Pevs was a breakaway, Ryder's was a forkball after clipping the defenseman's stick, the Marchand goal was all alone in the slot, and the second Pevs goal was a bad bounce and really on Selke-winner Kesler for getting beat on body position.

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
My hot take in retrospect is that as much as I had some of the best fun of my life in mocking Roberto Luongo all series long, he really wasn't that bad this game. In the first period he actually made some really good saves to keep it close. None of the goals were all that much his fault. Pevs was a breakaway, Ryder's was a forkball after clipping the defenseman's stick, the Marchand goal was all alone in the slot, and the second Pevs goal was a bad bounce and really on Selke-winner Kesler for getting beat on body position.

I agree but by this point Luongo had given up 12 goals in 1.75 games. I've always thought Vigneault waited too long to put Schneider in. He should have done it after Luongo gave up the fourth goal in Game 2.

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Seriously, they gave Kesler the Selke that year, look at him just get worked by Peverley. He can whine about his groin all he wants but everybody is injured by the time the finals come around. Soft player, very soft player. But he looks like Rambo compared to the Sedin Sisters. Those two are the weakest, most passive star players in NHL history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad