Bruins Classics GDT 8:30 PM NESN - 2011 SCF GAME 3 - VANCOUVER ENRAGES THE BEAR - Canucks lead series 2-0

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think Lapierre fought Campbell the first meeting the next year, I was just hoping it would be legitimately anyone but Campbell.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This game pretty much sealed my hate for Vancouver. I was furious after Game 2 but this game really ratcheted the hate up to near Montreal levels. And you all know how high that is :nod:

Reactions: Fenway

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This game pretty much sealed my hate for Vancouver. I was furious after Game 2 but this game really ratcheted the hate up to near Montreal levels. And you all know how high that is :nod:
Most other teams hated them as well. There were even a few Hab fans cheering for the B's.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Being downtown game 5 in Vancouver sealed my true hatred for that team and fan base.

I've probably told this story a few times, but we flew in for UFC 131 actually, and had no idea the Bruins would be playing the Canucks in the final. Anyway, half way through the flight me and a buddy changed into Bruins jerseys, and immediately the captain came on the overhead pager and chirped us, it was absolutely hilarious. "We got a couple dorks in row 14 wearing some ugly jerseys"

Anyways, that was all in fun, but when we went downtown we had beers chucked at us, got called every name in the book - We gave it back to them too. I'm all in for chirping and that stuff, but c'mon with the beers. They were also bullying this dad and his kid who were wearing jerseys, we ended up inviting them to our room for some drinks and hung out on the balcony overlooking downtown.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
It was real scary. Fans were afraid for Nate as were the players and guys behind the bench. Seeing his hand up in the air was weird.

The arm in the air is called "The Fencing Response" and is a sure fire sign of a TBI. He was absolutely walloped, and anybody from the Nucks fanbase saying he wasn't should read up on it.

Reactions: Ladyfan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I think Lapierre fought Campbell the first meeting the next year, I was just hoping it would be legitimately anyone but Campbell.
God bless Greg Campbell. He was a standup guy and willing to go with anyone, he was just really bad and got beat up every time he fought.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad