GDT: 8/25/20 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Boston vs #2 Tampa Bay [ECSF Game 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Why? They nearly gave it up trying to clear the zone and gifted Boston another great opportunity.
Show that you still have confidence in your players. If this team is gonna do anything then its gotta be a team effort. Let them make up for their mistakes. They also had a decent shift to start the OT, Killorn put the puck on net and they were fighting for it.

Reactions: NatoGhost

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We were so good at finishing our checks that Chara was even scared to get hit and just blindly passed it away as quick as possible along the boards.

Keep up the physicality, we've got em looking over their shoulders!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Big goal from Ondrej Palat! This is some intense hockey we are playing but we can win this series. Killorn and Johnson were not good imo. Coleman, Goodrow, Point, Gourde and Hedman had good games.
No doubt. Big stick taps to our defensive depth too stepping up with McDonagh out. Big play by Bogo. Big play by Shatty. Coburn and Schenn both step in for the first time since March and leave tonight with a +1. Group effort.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Got to ride this momentum into the next game. You know Boston going to be hungry and they are going to match up Bergeron line with Cirelli all game. They have isolated our weakness 5 on 5. Just got to not take penalties next game. Hard to defend being able to hack a goalie to get a goal though.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
watching the first goal not ours over and over even though that bogo move was priceless on ours.........i have to say on that first goal that ref really should not sleep well if we had lost this game ....just smh at the time the puck was buried and he allowed that nonsense its unreal
Yeah total b.s. there is no way he didn’t lose site of the puck. That goal was ridiculous and could have been HUGE.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
But huge HUGE WIN!

We lose in OT, it’s easy to think with a quick turnaround this team of Coopercorns would deflate & drop to 0-3 tomorrow night. Especially after Boston ties it late in the 3rd.

Big to come out with a W

Reactions: StaySalty

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
I would like to see Bogo resigned too, at a reasonable deal. I like his simple game & he seems to be a fun, loose guy but also prideful. After the broken stick goal, he comes down & goes Dan Boyle thru Boston to Coleman for a HUGE goal. He wanted that redemption & got it. We need that kind of heart!!

Ideally we ditch Killorn/Johnson or both & make a play for Pietrangelo this summer if he leaves the blues. He would be great but will command a lot in FA

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yeah total b.s. there is no way he didn’t lose site of the puck. That goal was ridiculous and could have been HUGE.
ya i cant remember a puck hidden longer in my playoff career 40 something years that wound up being called a goal....im just in shock after watching it many many many times...i was trying to figure out a way to justify it i cant

Reactions: berlin

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I apologize to you all. i have commitment issues.

Is the mishkin call out there yet?

Reactions: DFC

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I would like to see Bogo resigned too, at a reasonable deal. I like his simple game & he seems to be a fun, loose guy but also prideful. After the broken stick goal, he comes down & goes Dan Boyle thru Boston to Coleman for a HUGE goal. He wanted that redemption & got it. We need that kind of heart!!

Ideally we ditch Killorn/Johnson or both & make a play for Pietrangelo this summer if he leaves the blues. He would be great but will command a lot in FA
we aint adding anybody legit moving forward for a long long long time....the money is topped off beyond topped off cause of covid be no movement now for years probably....we got to keep the kids honestly and some vets got to sail we will not imo be able to do a big signing for along time maybe over 4 years in this mess

if someone pulls a shatty comes in for a milly we can maybe make a deal in future but it would be beyond a favor by a vet to pick up anytime soon

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Do you not understand what a salary cap is? First Pavelski and now Pietrangelo?

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

AlmostThere242

Nov 16, 2014
I'm sorry but is McDonough overrated? I don't think highly overrated is even a stretch. In his entire time with the Lightning when has McDonough ever played at the level Bogosian is currently playing at? Bogo is a playoff player while McD is just OK.

Coburn had a great game, when McDonough has yet to have anything close to a great game. Too many mental errors and overall he just doesn't impact all that much despite his experience and salary.

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
No doubt. Big stick taps to our defensive depth too stepping up with McDonagh out. Big play by Bogo. Big play by Shatty. Coburn and Schenn both step in for the first time since March and leave tonight with a +1. Group effort.
they both played in the exhibition against florida :D

and no f***ing way will we ever be able to afford Pietrangelo (also isn't he getting up there in age???)

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I'm sorry but is McDonough overrated? I don't think highly overrated is even a stretch. In his entire time with the Lightning when has McDonough ever played at the level Bogosian is currently playing at? Bogo is a playoff player while McD is just OK.

Coburn had a great game, when McDonough has yet to have anything close to a great game. Too many mental errors and overall he just doesn't impact all that much despite his experience and salary.
Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad