GDT: 8/25/20 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Boston vs #2 Tampa Bay [ECSF Game 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
Yeah, this was my reaction to that post. Bogosian plays like 1/3rd the minutes McD carries. Bogosian is being utilized so much better than he was in BUF and we're being rewarded for it with solid lowered minutes and a bonkers channeling of Neidermayer on that 1st Coleman goal.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I'm sorry but is McDonough overrated? I don't think highly overrated is even a stretch. In his entire time with the Lightning when has McDonough ever played at the level Bogosian is currently playing at? Bogo is a playoff player while McD is just OK.

Coburn had a great game, when McDonough has yet to have anything close to a great game. Too many mental errors and overall he just doesn't impact all that much despite his experience and salary.

I had to check the username to see if it was Hose

Reactions: Stammertime91

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Do you not understand what a salary cap is? First Pavelski and now Pietrangelo?

Yes you asked the same dumb question last time. Now let me ask you some...

Were we or were we not in on Pavelski this past summer??
Were we or were we not in on trading for EK65?

There are moves that can be made during the offseason if it means adding a significant player, which obviously TBL brass felt like these guys were. Now since that time, yes other things have transpired, contracts made, trades executed, etc. We brought in deadline guys like Coleman & Goodrow (an yes I am aware they were about cap & not just rentals for this year to answer your previous thread question)

But you remember when everyone said last year we were gonna have a hard time just affording Point just bc our "salary cap"? Let alone add any other pieces? I do... then we traded Miller, Callahan... we got creative. And we can at least try to do that again this offseason if we can move some dead cap/non producers like TJ, Killer, or Palat. I'm simply saying when a stud performer comes along in free agency that will make your team better (just as several other cap strapped teams think about Petro), you go for it & make moves to accomodate. Not to mention Cernak, cirelli, & serge aren't gonna command what we initially thought they were...frankly neither will Petro due to the unusual season the NHL had in terms of revenue. So every other team will be in the same boat there. Overpaid FA signing, yeah probably, but not what it would normally be.

Don't talk to me like I'm a 12 year old playing EA sports NHL...i'm fully aware of a salary cap. I'm also aware people on HF boards don't know nearly as much as THEY THINK they do.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
I do think McDonough is a bit overrated. But he's relatively solid aside from some bonehead plays. I don't necessarily think he's worth his contract but he definitely plays hard minutes for us. And he is def top 4 for us. Better than bogosian for sure. Mainly because of his mobility, which is a huge difference. Bogosian has played good for us but that has to be one of the easiest assignments playing next to Hedman. Everybody looks good there.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
I do think McDonough is a bit overrated. But he's relatively solid aside from some bonehead plays. I don't necessarily think he's worth his contract but he definitely plays hard minutes for us. And he is def top 4 for us. Better than bogosian for sure. Mainly because of his mobility, which is a huge difference. Bogosian has played good for us but that has to be one of the easiest assignments playing next to Hedman. Everybody looks good there.

This is a good assessment, thank you

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yes you asked the same dumb question last time. Now let me ask you some...

Were we or were we not in on Pavelski this past summer??
Were we or were we not in on trading for EK65?

There are moves that can be made during the offseason if it means adding a significant player, which obviously TBL brass felt like these guys were. Now since that time, yes other things have transpired, contracts made, trades executed, etc. We brought in deadline guys like Coleman & Goodrow (an yes I am aware they were about cap & not just rentals for this year to answer your previous thread question)

But you remember when everyone said last year we were gonna have a hard time just affording Point just bc our "salary cap"? Let alone add any other pieces? I do... then we traded Miller, Callahan... we got creative. And we can at least try to do that again this offseason if we can move some dead cap/non producers like TJ, Killer, or Palat. I'm simply saying when a stud performer comes along in free agency that will make your team better (just as several other cap strapped teams think about Petro), you go for it & make moves to accomodate. Not to mention Cernak, cirelli, & serge aren't gonna command what we initially thought they were...frankly neither will Petro due to the unusual season the NHL had in terms of revenue. So every other team will be in the same boat there. Overpaid FA signing, yeah probably, but not what it would normally be.

Don't talk to me like I'm a 12 year old playing EA sports NHL...i'm fully aware of a salary cap. I'm also aware people on HF boards don't know nearly as much as THEY THINK they do.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Oh yeah worked well for the leafs, very smart.

Yeah we were in talks for Pavelski, wanna know why he ended up in Dallas? It's 2 words that start with S and C.

Karlson was 2 years ago before McDonagh and our current cap structure, not sure what has to do with anything.

All I'm saying is it takes 2mins to evaluate our cap situation and see whats actually possible before suggesting random ideas that make no sense, here's how ridiculous your idea looks: With a flat cap next season, if we did manage to convince both Johnson and Killorn to both waive their NTC's and take NO cap back in return, we'll be able to sign Pietrangelo to a nice 7m (I'm sure he'll give us a discount right?) contract assuming the other 6 players we need to fill out our roster each sign for 1m a piece including Sergachev and Cirelli.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They played well tonight minus a few big mistakes that almost cost us the game. I think we can be better. Happy we got the win because I don't think we could win 4 games out of 5 against Boston. Although I think we've been the better team so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad