Post-Game Talk: #8 - 10/24/19 | sabres @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I've been arguing for that in the offseason. But it's tough with our cap situation.
no front office itl would give a hothead on his 3rd team who'd shown a single good half-season a four year or six year deal

look up Rostislav Olesz and his deal sometime for when those things go bad.

Reactions: egelband

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
We can score but it's just a matter of the other team's defense breaking down. We're not doing enough to force mistakes. Going forward it's going to have to be a hard forecheck for this team whether we like it or not. Better outlet passes from Skjei on up. Rub Staal's sandwich on a raw chicken.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Hank was pretty good overall, but was he the star of the game? No. In my opinion, not even top 3. I don’t get why people are acting like he stole this game for us.

Reactions: NCRanger

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Can anyone better at identifying this stuff than I am tell me what about our breakout was so much more effective tonight? Were the Sabres just too lazy in our zone or what? Seemed like the rangers were getting out quickly and cleanly very often
it was mostly the Sabres not really skating or reacting. they had their giddy up for some of the 2nd period and we saw what happened (Rangers got hemmed in a lot)

Reactions: haveandare

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
it was mostly the Sabres not really skating or reacting. they had their giddy up for some of the 2nd period and we saw what happened (Rangers got hemmed in a lot)
Yeah I suspected that was the case. Wasn’t sure if it was that or some subtle tactical change I wasn’t picking up on.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The spreading of the talent worked really well tonight. They need to find another winger to play with Zib and Kreider. Strome centering two skilled wingers looked good.

Hajek he a very quietly efficient game. He continues to get better.

It’s very hard to not root for Brendan Smith. The guys is tireless in his effort and plays a tough role. He was very good.

Howden was continually making good plays.

Lemieux was very effective keeping his game simple.

Trouba adds a dimension to this blue line that I honestly can’t remember the last time they had.

ADA has his swagger back

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Can anyone better at identifying this stuff than I am tell me what about our breakout was so much more effective tonight? Were the Sabres just too lazy in our zone or what? Seemed like the rangers were getting out quickly and cleanly very often

More aggressive on the puck with players supporting the carrier. All season in all three zones players have been hesitating that extra second like you can fill in them asking 'you got it or me?' and scrambling when the play shifts in a instant. Media talks about communication issues--that could be a lot of it. But I think reads are easier made on your toes than on your heels and that it's easier to adjust to overcommitments than passivity especially in your own zone and on breakouts.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Yeah I suspected that was the case. Wasn’t sure if it was that or some subtle tactical change I wasn’t picking up on.
I mean the Rangers were better and tried harder and skated harder but they have a weird dichotomy where they clang the puck off the boards when they dont need to or do one touch passes when they REALLY don't need to instead of like, structured normal breakouts

Reactions: haveandare

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Guess that's about the best performance we can expect out of this team.

Howden had a great game, for all the crap he's gotten from everyone myself included he deserves the praise after tonite

Well, still waiting for Kakko to show up. When that happens, then it’s the best we can expect.

Reactions: egelband and Ori

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Solid? Tough? Unwilling to give the blue line?!?!?!

WHAT?!?! WHAT GODAMNIT?!!!! WHAT

I was clearly talking about his flow.
U_EEXve-.png

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
no front office itl would give a hothead on his 3rd team who'd shown a single good half-season a four year or six year deal

look up Rostislav Olesz and his deal sometime for when those things go bad.

Have to take risks sometimes. Even Panarin's deal or Trouba's deal could look absolutely awful in a few years. I would have tried for 4 years $4mil AAV.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A huge win - Buffalo was a hot team coming to NY! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad