Post-Game Talk: #8 - 10/24/19 | sabres @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Best all around effort in a while.

Probably the best game Howden has played since last October.

Panarin and Buchnevich definitely have some solid chemistry.

Nice to see Kreider get a goal and for Fox to get his first NHL point.

Despite the hyperbole in the GDT, Lundqvist had a solid game. Defense was much better tonight and Buffalo has been shredding teams.

The thing with tonight’s effort was they did things crisp and with purpose. Every pass was solid and on the tape, every stride was hard and with purpose, every check effectively timed to win the puck. Just a very crisp and efficient effort all around. Not perfect and there were lapses but a definite step in the right direction.

Oh and Panarin is worth every penny. Guy controls the game every shift he’s on. Splitting him and Mika at least for now definitely brings more balance to the lines.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
giphy.gif

Reactions: Leetch3 and Embryo

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Can anyone better at identifying this stuff than I am tell me what about our breakout was so much more effective tonight? Were the Sabres just too lazy in our zone or what? Seemed like the rangers were getting out quickly and cleanly very often

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Amazing that Panarin and Zibanejad on two different lines results in a better 60min effort.

GGs from most everyone, but especially Buchnevich, Strome, Panarin, Hank, and Lemiuex who I mistook for Avery several times.

Also, good to see Howden playing well. Lias looked like last year's model.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad