GDT: #8 • "Wild Western Series: For A Few Pizzas More" • Oilers @ Jets • Jan 26 • 6 PM • SNW

What are you most excited to potentially see in tonight's game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Take Barrie off of PP1 and put Nurse on and use Yamo in front to start. If or when WPG clears the puck, Yamo comes off and changes with Pulju.

Nurse doesn't hesitate with the puck and facilitates it to the left or right half boards where McDavid/Nuge/Draisaitl are situated, exactly how Klefbom would, keeping the puck off the point and collapsing the PK inwards. This is what made our PP successful last year.

Yamo and Pulju are interchangeable in front but would like to see both utilized, Yamo with better hands and Pulju with size and disturbance.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think we play 7D tonight adding Bouchard and go with Shore and Archie as the bottom pair of wingers and spot 97 and 29 in there for the odd 5v5 shift.

I hope McLoed plays well enough to be recalled for the 4C role later this year.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think pulju is what the first line needed Kassian to be.

I was saying this at the start if Kassian doesn't crash the net, get in on the forcheck, and find open spots for a shot... Then what is he doing there?

Kassian may benefit from a slower tempo pace of the third line. Heck I've been saying this for a decade now, kassian plays his best hockey in the bottom six (yeah, anyone would score some points with mcdavid). He shines down there. Then everytime he scores a couple goals a coach moves him up.

Anyway!

I think this will be a great game. Boys are rolling.

Yeah I'm not really sure whats up with Kassian. He just hasnt played well since signing the contract.

Its honestly a simple thing. Crash the net and stay there. Almost seems like he thinks hes on the first line so he has to play a skill game or something. But he doesnt play with any intensity, doesnt hit stuff, and really isnt doing much out there. He has all the tools to be a very effective NHL but he just doesnt seem very committed to being one.

Reactions: Klimando Kostani

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Laodongxi

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Has everyone forgotten about The Searchers? Who knew John Wayne could act?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yeah I'm not really sure whats up with Kassian. He just hasnt played well since signing the contract.

Its honestly a simple thing. Crash the net and stay there. Almost seems like he thinks hes on the first line so he has to play a skill game or something. But he doesnt play with any intensity, doesnt hit stuff, and really isnt doing much out there. He has all the tools to be a very effective NHL but he just doesnt seem very committed to being one.
Kassian has forgotten what made him successful. And it sure as hell wasn't as a dangler.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Another slice of M.V.Pizza pleez

View attachment 388393
Someone needs to insert Marty Feldman in this video.
upload_2021-1-26_11-42-52.jpeg

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Haha just when I started coming back around to Tippett. Hopefully 4K is just having a maintenance day, because even in his worst games so far he’s one of the better D. Absolutely does not deserve to be scratched.

Also send Bouchard down already if you’re not going to play him you f***ing clown lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad