GDT: #79 - SABRES at ISLANDERS – SAT APR 4 @ 7:00 PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I don't wanna tank anymore. It messes with my head. Can we wrap this up rather soon, please?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I don't wanna tank anymore. It messes with my head. Can we wrap this up rather soon, please?

This when we were up on chicago I was mad...when we were down vs the Isles I was mad...the only time Im happy is when I watch Risto and realize how good our future is lol...losing Girgs has really dampered my viewing pleasure.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Just got back home from the Isles game. I've never been so happy to walk out of a game in which the team was shutout 3-0.

Even happier when I got home and saw the Arizona score.

Let's wrap this up on Monday.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Question from someone who didn't see the game: How did Makarov do in his first start?

Okay. Did the Irbe thing and had some very good sequences. I think it's a different game if Lindback is in, even in second night of back to back.

Makarov was okay. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him CBJ Start

Bps21*

I'd like to see them start the same goalie all 3 games. Lindback, Hackett, Johnson, Makarov... None of them are winning 3 straight.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'd like to see them start the same goalie all 3 games. Lindback, Hackett, Johnson, Makarov... None of them are winning 3 straight.

On the contrary, my biggest fear would be a single goalie getting into a grove and ripping off wins.

I'd personally start Hacket and go from there. Take a look at his record and try not to feel sorry for the guy :laugh:

AlsPug

Nov 1, 2011
My hope is for both teams to go on a 3 game winning streak. That would please both sides - anti and pro-tankers. ;)

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
if I'm not mistaken the Sabres need only to lose 1 more and even if they win out after that they would lose the "tiebreaker"

That is correct. A Sabres loss or Arizona win at any point over the next 3 games guarantees last. We are 4 points behind Arizona and Arizona will hold the ROW tiebreaker, so tying in points puts us in last. Hopefully we lose the next game so we can have some fun with the final two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad