26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
:sabres vs. :isles

SABRES (22-48-8) at ISLANDERS (45-27-6)

NHL.com Game Preview: Islanders, chasing 2nd in Metropolitan, host Sabres
[NHL]798846[/NHL]

Season series: The Buffalo Sabres and New York Islanders have split two games. Sabres forwards Nicolas Deslauriers and Marcus Foligno each has a goal and an assist. Islanders center John Tavares has two goals and an assist.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview: 4/4/15 at NYI
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 335)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Cody McCormick (lower body, Jan. 13; injured reserve) – 35 games
Josh Gorges (lower body, Feb. 15; injured reserve) – 23 games
Evander Kane (shoulder, Feb. 15; injured reserve) – 23 games
Zemgus Girgensons (lower body, Feb. 26; injured reserve) – 17 games
Chad Johnson (lower body, March 6) – 14 games
Jerry D’Amigo (upper body, March 23) – 6 games
Matt Hackett (undisclosed, March 30) – 3 games
Matt Moulson (illness, April 3) – 1 game
Mike Weber (lower body, April 3) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/30: Recalled G Andrey Makarov from Rochester (AHL)
4/1: Assigned F Tim Schaller to Rochester (AHL)
4/3: Recalled F Tim Schaller from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Monday, April 6: Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, April 10: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 11: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at ISLANDERS

This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Islanders this season.
Last meeting: New York defeated Buffalo, 3-2, in Buffalo on Feb. 18, 2015.
The Sabres are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Islanders; 4-5-1 on the road.
This is the 159th game all-time between Buffalo and New York; Buffalo has a 77-58-23 series record.
The Sabres are 34-34-11 on the road against the Islanders all-time.

Game Preview: Islanders vs. Sabres
The Islanders can clinch a playoff berth with a win over the Sabres

By Cory Wright

The New York Islanders can clinch a playoff spot tonight with a win over the Buffalo Sabres, combined with a regulation loss by the Ottawa Senators.

While that scenario plays out in the minds of Islanders fans, the focus for the team is on the ice and playing tough against a hard working Sabres team.

“They are feisty and they are going to play hard,†John Tavares said. “These are big points up for grabs for us. We have to be ready to play, we can’t take anything for granted.â€

The Islanders are looking to bounce back from a 4-3 shootout loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday night. The Islanders lost a 3-1 lead in the third period off a pair of funky bounces and scrambles in front of their net, but feel if they recreate the same effort, they should come away with two points.

Last edited:

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
This guys says we can not Win :handclap:

1Jc1TefN.jpeg

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
After tonight's game GMTM HAS TO fire Nolan. Clearly he's trying to blow up the tank.
:sarcasm:

This game better be a laugher. I'm hoping the Isles drop 4-5 in the first period so I won't have to have a heart attack the rest of the game.

Tank on.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
In 37 games in ROCH, Makarov has a GAA of 2.98 and a save % of 0.902

Last edited:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Even if we do get Makarov, is there any doubt how that story ends? Here's a hint: Ted "ride the hot goalie" Nolan will play him in every game we have left.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Going to the game tonight.

Can't cheer for the Sabres (and against the tank). And can't bring myself to cheer against the Sabres in the presence of Isles fans.

Will sit there and watch the game unfold in nervous silence. :help:

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Isles are gearing up for their first round playoff exit and have looked terrible I think we win this. Out shot the blackhawks and we've already beaten this team this season.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Dear Ted Nolan,

Lose the next 3 straight games in regulation and we will come cheer for the Sabres so loud and
proud against the Penguins to WIN !! First time in 2 years !!

If we dont not finish in 30th place you will forever be hated by many Sabres fans after you crushed their
hope and 2 year dreams. Responsible for one of the biggest reverse chokes,,,, Arizona doesn't seem to be losing any sleep with their terrible effort and starting their backup goalie last night and again tonight.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Isles are gearing up for their first round playoff exit and have looked terrible I think we win this. Out shot the blackhawks and we've already beaten this team this season.

Sabres are +340 to win straight up. One of the biggest dogs of the season league-wide. Last night Vegas gave us a significantly better shot at winning (+250). For comparison, Arizona is +190 tonight. This is a good sign. I can see tonight chopping the magic number in half to 3.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Islanders looking like Islanders of old.

Legit question.... do we bet on AZ winning AND Buffalo winning? Here: Unless I missed something, if the Isles lose out, and if Ottawa runs the table and wins all their games, i think the Isles are out of the playoffs. Then we have another chance for the lottery... anyone with me

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Islanders looking like Islanders of old.

Legit question.... do we bet on AZ winning AND Buffalo winning? Here: Unless I missed something, if the Isles lose out, and if Ottawa runs the table and wins all their games, i think the Isles are out of the playoffs. Then we have another chance for the lottery... anyone with me

An extra 1 percent. Whoo!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Hey it's something, and if AZ wins (assuming BUF does too), it's still 30th for the time being. Just making a talking point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad