GDT: #79 | Bruins 3 at FLYERS 4 (OT) | Sun., Apr. 1, 2018, 12:30 pm ET | NBC, TVAS

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Remember that one pass he made that NBC ****ed over in slow motion?

And how he’s underappreciated?

You DO realize I am being intensely sarcastic, right?

I wouldn't piss on MacDonald to extinguish the flames, and that's just for him being great friends with Crosby. His on ice play is just gasoline on the flames.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I thought I saw Mandog out there too. Guess I was wrong. It was MacDonald, Weal and Flip right? The exact three guys I'd turn to when I want to win a game in OT

I just watched the OT again, Manning got a shot on goal with about 1:30 left in OT (after the sequence where Couturier had a chance in front but couldn't gain control of the puck).

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I just watched the OT again, Manning got a shot on goal with about 1:30 left in OT (after the sequence where Couturier had a chance in front but couldn't gain control of the puck).

Pulling all the stops and giving Mandog that much deserved TOI during 3-on-3 OT. Praise be

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
How is this thug still in the NHL? One consolation--some people do get the face they deserve.

He's got enough money to still marry a ridiculously beautiful woman and, if desired, pay to fix his face. The consolation prize is him being penalized for being a cheapshot shithead despite those facts

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
To the people who LOVE +/- and also argue the following:

Jori Lehtera is on the ice in the final few minutes of important games because he is good at preventing goals. Not only does the guy only have 8 pts (as many as Dale Weiss and less than doghouse Sanheim) - showing that he is factually one of the LEAST likely to provide needed offense in late tie games, he is a -6. Not scoring em and not stopping em. Notice how pinned in our own end we are when we have the same bad players out in the final minutes.

Comparatively - the standard end-of-game benching players of TK and Ghost have a combined +26. Good thing they aren't out there to either provide offense or not let goals in.

I am not someone who lives by the +/- rating at all, but when you look at players like TK and Ghost those numbers show that they are scoring enough to offset any defensive mistakes they make. In other words, those are the type of players you want on the ice in the final minutes of BIG games.

Well, since January, Lehtera is -1 and Laughton is -13, so I guess you applaud sitting Laughton for Lehtera. :sarcasm:

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Well, since January, Lehtera is -1 and Laughton is -13, so I guess you applaud sitting Laughton for Lehtera. :sarcasm:

Considering I said +/- means nothing to me but used it as an example for people like you and others who frequently fall back on it I will never applaud anyone, including a geriatric half blind cat getting benched in favor of Lehtera.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
I want to publicly thank Dave Hakstol.

Yesterday, my wife and I were on a long drive and I had the Flyers game on the radio.

When the score got to 3-2 in the third I told my wife, "Ok, here's what's going to happen. The Flyers will go into a defensive shell. We'll play our less-talented veterans at the end of regulation, and Boston will tie the game."

It all happened like clock work, and my wife was genuinely impressed.

Of course, I didn't tell her that nearly everybody at HF (as well as the Bruins' coaching staff) made the same prediction.

So, thanks Dave for making us look like hockey's version of Nostradamus. Keep up the "good" work.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I want to publicly thank Dave Hakstol.

Yesterday, my wife and I were on a long drive and I had the Flyers game on the radio.

When the score got to 3-2 in the third I told my wife, "Ok, here's what's going to happen. The Flyers will go into a defensive shell. We'll play our less-talented veterans at the end of regulation, and Boston will tie the game."

It all happened like clock work, and my wife was genuinely impressed.

Of course, I didn't tell her that nearly everybody at HF (as well as the Bruins' coaching staff) made the same prediction.

So, thanks Dave for making us look like hockey's version of Nostradamus. Keep up the "good" work.

:laugh:

I was able to do the same thing with my family while we watched. My dad and my sis's boyfriend were skeptical of my criticisms of Hakstol because of all the praise Doc and Friends laid on him, but I "won" the day by predicting the final minute.

It shouldn't be this close to clockwork. But it is.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Also neat is when a non-hockey person sees something awesome. Said boyfriend hasn't ever really watched before, but he was more pumped than anyone in the room over Giroux's goal. He's a golfer so he described it as aggressive golf.

Happy-Gilmore-gif-1.gif

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
One of things that stood out yesterday was the fact that Bergeron was responsible entirely or at least in part for two of the goals in this game. Don't get me wrong, I like Bergeron and his style of play as he plays the game at a high level on both ends of the ice, which wins games. But, the press puts him on a pedestal (reflected by following him with the Star Track). On the G goal, he made a stupid pass directly to Voracek and on the Konecny goal, he pretty much lost is jock strap. Not sure this has been mentioned but if so, sorry for the repeat.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Simmer wasn’t feeling so good after the OT winner.

They showed a close-up of Simmonds between the 3rd and OT, and he was staring into space sulking. It's still an odd look for him not celebrating with the team, but everyone knows he's as good a teammate as you can ask for.......he was furious at himself (obligatory: trade him before the draft).

No less important observations:

1) Laughton is the 1st one leaping off the bench. Little did he know that's Hakstol's methodology for scratches.

2) The Oskar-Nolan bromance is real.

3) Manning tried to celebrate with Provy, and Ivan shut that shit DOWN. Glove to the face, Man Dog.

4) Sanheim is just off-camera. Seems appropriate.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
MacDonald is worse at disrupting plays than Ghost. This makes no sense.

Is it good coaching to sit your best players in favor of your worst when the game is on the line?

Why are you so scared to answer?

Hey, is the website experiencing issues or anything?

Just find it odd that you keep asking this question but I can't seem to find the answer to it. I assume there's something preventing him from answering, like a problem posting or maybe he can't see it?

I'm sure if it was possible he would have answered already, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad