GDT: #79 - Blue Jackets vs. Sabres at 6 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

Dead man walking................

Hopefully

Well no shit, a bunch of kids who do what they want no matter how many times you tell them to do something else. That's exactly what the problem has been for years, none of the coaches have the ability to actually do something, anything, to rein in the players. Sit them, decrease ice time, put them in the press box, demote Eichel to the forth line for all I care. Housley refuses to do anything to upset the apple cart no matter how badly it gets. You cant just let 18, 19, 20 year old millionaire players do whatever the hell they want. Edmonton tried, and failed horribly, and you just keep repeating the same damn mistakes over and over.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Nylander shouldn’t have been with those 2 bums to begin with.

It totally miscasts Nylander -- Phil buries Larry and Gus in d-zone use in a manner that's f***ing outlandish in most of hockey. Why he's figuring Nylander will blend there rather than energetic goal-against waiting to happen, err Scott Wilson is beyond me too.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
It totally miscasts Nylander -- Phil buries Larry and Gus in d-zone use in a manner that's ****ing outlandish in most of hockey. Why he's figuring Nylander will blend there rather than energetic goal-against waiting to happen, err Scott Wilson is beyond me too.
Cuz he’s clueless as f***. God damn this is a joke.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

Not winning is part of the process guys!

So is regression and self loathing apparently. I wish more bosses saw incompetence and lack of drive or willingness to adjust as part of the process. Unfortunately people who are bad at their jobs dont last long enough to try and get better, they are just replaced with people who are better at the job required. If I was given two years to screw up repeatedly and it was just seen as part of the process I'd be a surgeon or maybe a hedge fund manager. Dead patients and lost pensions be damned, you gotta give people time to learn how to succeed.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Well ya see Phil made his one allotted in game adjustment to reunite Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart. We're clearly all idiots for thinking he could also put Nylander on another line.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
With Detroit's win tonight we are now officially the 4th worst team in hockey. Want to know how I'd fix the Sabres? Get everyone involved in running or coaching this club into a room and roll in a hand grenade. (Thank you Bobby Heenan).

Reactions: Fearnot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad