Post-Game Talk: #78 | Thursday, April 6, 2023 | Flyers at Dallas

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I believe they will turn it around faster than you think.

Despite the fact that they will finish around 7th worst record-wise, they have been competitive for the majority of games this season; even against all but the best teams.

Most here expected a worse performance and record even WITH Couturier and Atkinson in the lineup, instead of both missing the entire season.

And they have some young players with promise who either showed substantial development this season (e.g. TK, Tippett, York), or who are likely to make the team next season (e.g. Foerster, Desnoyers). Plus more on the cusp (e.g. Andrae, maybe Brink), whomever they pick in the top 10), and others two seasons away (e.g. Gauthier).

Plus Couturier almost certainly coming back, probably Atkinson, too, and Farabee hopefully recovering from a disastrous season caused by the neck surgery.

We'll see what they do with off-season moves (JVR's contract gone; Hayes traded; and probably Provorov traded).

I'm not saying they'll be a playoff team next season, but I don't think the future is as bleak as you make it appear.

Nah

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad