GDT: 78|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New Jersey Devils|Playoff game 1 w/ the Swedish House Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
My prediction on how I will feel after this game:
5fxUMeT.gif

Reactions: Warm Cookies

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Road game? Devils? Kinkaid? Yeah, this one's gonna be one of those "Holy shit, f*** this team" type of games.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I mean technically it is meaningless.

The chance we miss the playoffs is like 2%

We haven't sown up positioning yet. It makes zero sense to think the regular season is meaningless when you could lose home ice advantage by mailing in games.

And when you consider this team's road record and play on the road this season, it's even dumber to not try your best to make sure you finish as high as possible.

Reactions: Dey so soff*

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We haven't sown up positioning yet. It makes zero sense to think the regular season is meaningless when you could lose home ice advantage by mailing in games.

And when you consider this team's road record and play on the road this season, it's even dumber to not try your best to make sure you finish as high as possible.

I doubt this is how the Pens feel.

But, let’s be honest. They are making the playoffs.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I know? I didn't say they wouldn't make the playoffs anywhere in that post you quoted. I was talking about home ice.

My response was to someone saying these games aren’t meaningless. I think for the Pens the battle all year is the regular season is essentially meaningless.

I don’t expect them to care this year. Read The Game by Dryden and see what he said about going back to back to back

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Period 1 - we will play okay. 1-1 end of 1.
Period 2 - we will laughably play awful. Down 4-1.
Period 3 - we turn the switch on to get to 4-3. EN 5-3.

Devils win 5-3.

I'm going 5-2 Dev's.
I'm wrong I hope, obviously.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Some of you are embracing the idea of having low expectations with this team.

Expect that they will collapse defensively and be stonewalled by Kincaid at the other end.

If they dont? Bonus! But if they do, you can just chuckle and shrug your shoulders and say “bout what I expected”.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
So which one of our stars is going to come out after the game and wax about how a lack of urgency was to blame for the loss but now they really, really have to get serious. No foolin' this time.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I might use Swedish House Mafia references all night.. so if my posts are weird, that is why.

Don't you worry child. The Pens have a plan for you.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Up to the TDL. I actually was thinking this team will win the division. They were coming on for sure. But GMJR actually sat in a conference room with the coaches, scouts and Sullivan and pronounced the team was set for a cup run. GMJR has been around hockey as a player and GM forty years. He can't possibly be wrong can he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad