#78 Frederic Allard

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
#52 on our Draft list. Not bad.

Allard has the potential to be a top-four defender in the NHL. His offensive game is coming along nicely, and his defensive game is showing signs of improvement. He is showing real signs of improvement and dedication to learning. If team has the proper development staff in place, Allard could be a real high reward type of player. His game is reminiscent of Kris Letang of the Pittsburgh Penguins, however this is a stylistic comparison only and not one based on talent or ability.

Link: http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/05/22/frederic-allard-scouting-report-2016-nhl-draft-52/

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm all about restocking the defensive cupboard. It's wearing painfully thin. Hopefully he does indeed become a steal.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Im starting to get our french Canadians mixed up
It does seem that the team is scouting the Q for defenseman recently with Carrier, Girard, and Allard. Historically the Q does not have the best reputation for development of Defenseman! Maybe the team knows something we don't.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Big jump in plus/minus in his second AHL season on an Admirals team that was one of the dominant teams in the league.

Is that a reflection on his improved play and how close is he to cracking the defense corps in Nashville?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Big jump in plus/minus in his second AHL season on an Admirals team that was one of the dominant teams in the league.

Is that a reflection on his improved play and how close is he to cracking the defense corps in Nashville?

As an Admirals fan, I think that Carrier is ahead of Allard. Carrier is a better passer. He had 32 assists in 55 games this last season.

Allard is a year younger with 19 assists in 61 games. He is more of a stay at home Dman. I rank him third behind Davies with 24 A in 62 games.

Santini, at 24 with 116 NHL games, can get back to the NHL.

Josh Healey, at 25 with 0 NHL games, could play in the NHL. He is the biggest hitter of the Dmen and a very defensive player with 72 PIMs in 30 games.

I think that Donovan, who is 29 and has 69 NHL games, probably won't get back to the NHL. He will teach the younger guys how to play.

Harpur is huge, but only played in 7 games for Milwaukee.

Arvin Atwal doesn't score, but he has a mean streak. He was able to step up from the ECHL to the AHL. Other teams picked on him and he held up.

Adam Smith gets an incomplete with 2 games for Milwaukee.

Reactions: Tony Piscotta

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad