GDT: #78 - 04/02/16 | buffalo sabres @ NEW YORK RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mti79

May 11, 2007
The 4th line is actually good i wouldn't mess with it. However I'd swap Lindberg for Fast for a couple of games.

Seriously? Fast may not be an offensive dynamo but he's been one of our most consistent players all year. Defensively responsible and can help out on offense.... There's a reason that whatever line he is on is usually one of the lines we have going each game.

I agree on trying to get Lindberg in the games, but take out Hayes or Glass before Fast. I'd actually sit Glass this game for Oscar because Buffalo doesn't play that hard hitting game that Tanner is "suited" for.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Also, let's just get the 2 points and clinch the damn playoff spot....

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Seriously? Fast may not be an offensive dynamo but he's been one of our most consistent players all year. Defensively responsible and can help out on offense.... There's a reason that whatever line he is on is usually one of the lines we have going each game.

I agree on trying to get Lindberg in the games, but take out Hayes or Glass before Fast. I'd actually sit Glass this game for Oscar because Buffalo doesn't play that hard hitting game that Tanner is "suited" for.

You do realize your avatar makes you look very biased right?

BarbaraAlphanse

What he said isn't that far off, though.

However, now that Hayes has moved back to center, that whole line plays great.

Wouldn't mind sitting Tanner with an "upper body injury" for a game to get OL in.

Re: Fast, I rather enjoy what he brings to the table. I've watched him for years, even before he came to the Rangers. He hasn't utilized his speed as much as he did in Sweden/AHL. But the defensive consistency is definitely there. I just wish he shot the dang puck more.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
IIRC, we had a phenomenal start last time we played Buffalo around a month ago, went up 3-0, and then sat on our lead.

Let's not do that again, so just go out there and win this game and clinch a playoff spot.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
What he said isn't that far off, though.

However, now that Hayes has moved back to center, that whole line plays great.

Wouldn't mind sitting Tanner with an "upper body injury" for a game to get OL in.

Re: Fast, I rather enjoy what he brings to the table. I've watched him for years, even before he came to the Rangers. He hasn't utilized his speed as much as he did in Sweden/AHL. But the defensive consistency is definitely there. I just wish he shot the dang puck more.

Hayes may have been better at C than at W but he was by no means great. Glass has been more effective than Hayes over the last 10 games in just about every way, including advanced stats. The Staal-Hayes connection has been good once against Pittsburgh and that's about it. Staal looked much better when Hayes was moved off his line to the 4th, but the current 4th line has been awesome and shouldn't be touched.

Basically, Hayes should be the odd man out and I cannot understand why Lindberg is going to be scratched in favor of him again. If anything, rotate them every 2 games to keep everyone fresh.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Let me say it then. Fast is one of the most reliable players on the team. He was put in a difficult position when he was moved up to the top6, but nonetheless he has been more than solid. He is a player who does the dirty work, takes care of the defensive aspect to give his linemates time to focus on offense. It might not show up on the scoreboard but he is a damn good player based on expectations and his cap hit.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Let me say it then. Fast is one of the most reliable players on the team. He was put in a difficult position when he was moved up to the top6, but nonetheless he has been more than solid. He is a player who does the dirty work, takes care of the defensive aspect to give his linemates time to focus on offense. It might not show up on the scoreboard but he is a damn good player based on expectations and his cap hit.
I feel like he's not strong enough. And his lack of offensive is annoying.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I swap him with Hayes before Fast. Outside of the Pitt game, Hayes has been awful for a while now and doesn't really play special teams, where Fast is a PK guy. I think Lindberg-Staal-Fast is a much better line and definitely a faster and better skating line.

No. Hayes was good in Carolina as well.

Not to mention Hayes is such a good player his play is imperative to our success. He needs to be in the lineup to find his game. Scratching him does absolutely nothing for us.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Hayes? He has been very good as of late with Staal. I'd take out Fast well before him. Hayes seems to have some decent chemistry with Staal by always finding him going to the net.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
To play in the bottom-six, for one.

It's not his fault we have no cap space for a top6 player and Miller didn't really earn it until halfway through the season. That, with Nash being injured forced him into the top6. On the 3rd line he is more than capable to do what is expected of him

InwoodBlueNYC

Sep 23, 2013
NYC

I like Fast, I like what he does for us, both ends of the ice. And what you see is what you get from Glass. He does what for us what he was expected to do. These are the type of guys you need to count on going into the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad