GDT: #77|Pens vs. Rangers|Monday, March 25th 7:00 PM|MSG|MSG, ATTSN-PT|Lurking in the Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Letang, Geno... now it's time for Murray to be out day-to-day and it will really feel like the end of March. :)

Hopefully the Rangers feel like tanking because we need the points and have troubles with bad teams.

The FO would like them to tank but there’s still a few players on that team with too much pride...no, I think we will have to work tonight without Letang...

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Lundqvist has to be either traded with some serious retention or bought out after this year. Makes no sense to keep him.

Reactions: EightyOne

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bad news for the Pens...we’ve owned Hank and Georgiev is much better this year.... likely Ranger shut out incoming since it’s a rookie backup...and it’s the Pens

I think the Pens will find a way to get couple past him, hes had some amazing games against Toronto recently, but he hasn't been anything more then an average goalie this year.

Murray has also owned the NYR in his career, so hopefully we wouldn't need many goals to win.

Reactions: Andy99

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
What part didn't you get? She finds a compromise with the demon, she fought and won and he's now their secret in the basement that eats worms.

It was the details surrounding the fathers death and why his clothes were still in the basement and maybe i misread it being 19 at the time and 24 now. I felt like it somewhat alluded to the fathers death having some nefarious connection to the babdook. Or i had felt that the late fathers presence was still in the basement and keeping the babadook in check or something.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We scored six on Georgiev not too long ago, you know. ;)

Ok...but in the last 10 games Georgiev has a .934 save % and he just came off a win giving up one goal to Toronto...he’s good...and Murray will have to play well...

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Great GDT Ugene!
LET'S GO PENS!
KQBfSMdKSUusBJ7doSvq_BABADOOK_SKYWAKER.0.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It was the details surrounding the fathers death and why his clothes were still in the basement and maybe i misread it being 19 at the time and 24 now. I felt like it somewhat alluded to the fathers death having some nefarious connection to the babdook. Or i had felt that the late fathers presence was still in the basement and keeping the babadook in check or something.
It's been a while since I saw it, but I think it was just the mother not letting go of the death and still having his clothes, which the Babadook knew and manifested as him to f*** with her to begin with.

He's in the basement because he was defeated and wasn't able to latch on to another victim.

It's been a while so I need to watch it again, but I didn't find it scary. Then again, I also kind of giggled when I saw Us, enjoyed the story, but I mean...it was also kind of lame. I expected more out of Peele.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
It's been a while since I saw it, but I think it was just the mother not letting go of the death and still having his clothes, which the Babadook knew and manifested as him to **** with her to begin with.

He's in the basement because he was defeated and wasn't able to latch on to another victim.

It's been a while so I need to watch it again, but I didn't find it scary. Then again, I also kind of giggled when I saw Us, enjoyed the story, but I mean...it was also kind of lame. I expected more out of Peele.

I never put two and two together reagarding the manifesttaion part. That makes a lot of sense now, thanks for clearing that up. It was really creepy and spooky but not terrifying, my then gf was horrified. Haven't seen US yet, apparently Peele is working on a spiritual successor or sequel to horror "the candyman" so hes still got more goosbumps up his sleeve.

Here's some on topic discussion

Gudbranson has been so Gud, that im waiting for him to have a Fleury - esque level meltdown because thats what i was told about him, but the guy is a friggin rock back there. He got the 2nd helper on that beautiful mccann goal and he deserves credit for getting the puck up ice.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
So to ensure I am doing everything to bust Phils snakebitten streak I officially cancelled pizza night and replaced it with double ultimate phil-dog night

2 all angus beef bun sized hit dogs
2 pieces of the thickest bacon I could find
2 slices of super thick fried garlic bologna
On two potato bread hot dog buns
Topped with 6 month aged Gouda and 18 month aged cheddar cheeses
And onions and dill pickles pureed into relish

Nobody can say im not doing my part... and don’t even ask what im going to do if this works to busy Hornqvist out of his funk... lol

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I never put two and two together reagarding the manifesttaion part. That makes a lot of sense now, thanks for clearing that up. It was really creepy and spooky but not terrifying, my then gf was horrified. Haven't seen US yet, apparently Peele is working on a spiritual successor or sequel to horror "the candyman" so hes still got more goosbumps up his sleeve.

Here's some on topic discussion

Gudbranson has been so Gud, that im waiting for him to have a Fleury - esque level meltdown because thats what i was told about him, but the guy is a friggin rock back there. He got the 2nd helper on that beautiful mccann goal and he deserves credit for getting the puck up ice.
I think Gudbranson just wasn't used correctly (surprise surprise) in Vancouver. His game is simple, trying to make him be something he isn't is what caused problems in Vancouver.

He's a physical stay at home defender with fists of granite. He's been exactly that. For me, he's the closest to what we had in Ian Cole sans the offense and speed that Cole had. But he's rock solid back there, I like his game. I think when the battles in the playoffs get heated, HE IS the exact kind of guy you want on our side.

Say we face the Caps again, Wilson is going to think twice because for one - Guds has beat his ass before and Wilson has been trying to get him back for a while, even in the last game, if the idiotic refs didn't get in the way, Guds was going to murder that punk ass bitch.

I hated the move, but since watching him and remembering him from the Panthers days, I've grown to like his game and the kind of player he is. I also like that the guy is out spoken, another Cole-like thing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So to ensure I am doing everything to bust Phils snakebitten streak I officially cancelled pizza night and replaced it with double ultimate phil-dog night

2 all angus beef bun sized hit dogs
2 pieces of the thickest bacon I could find
2 slices of super thick fried garlic bologna
On two potato bread hot dog buns
Topped with 6 month aged Gouda and 18 month aged cheddar cheeses
And onions and dill pickles pureed into relish

Nobody can say im not doing my part... and don’t even ask what im going to do if this works to busy Hornqvist out of his funk... lol
I'm gonna have a Gin & Tonic.

I'm then gonna half ass ride a bike to get in the Kessel mindset.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Nothing like getting off of work pumped about watching the game and finding out Trotman will return. Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad