GDT: #77: Maple Leafs at FLYERS, Wednesday, Mar. 27, 2019, 7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
No, dude. I have played one official organized basketball game in my life. I kept score at the table at my old grade school to make some extra money - that's where I experienced Nathan and his dad.

This is one of the most obvious a cover-up stories I've ever read. Listen Nate, it's okay to be ashamed of parts of your past. We all have moments in life we look back upon and feel nothing but embarrassment and shame. Not everyone can be an athletic stud. Unlike you, Nathaniel, I am sculpted and have grown into the likeness of the Greek gods, so I don't know how to relate to your experiences, but I can at least have a little sympathy for your physically inept athletic abilities.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Hart, Sanheim, Myers, Patrick, Konecny, Provy, Ghost, Coots, G, Jake, Morin (yes he exists), Frost, Farabee etc...

The future is bright, but the next step is all on you Mr Fletcher. GET A REAL ****ING NHL COACH!!!

I can’t take another season of mediocrity, I just can’t.

I can, IF it means the Flyers hire a real NHL coach, make a couple of moves in the off season THAT MAKE SENSE and player utilization is adjusted.

I will give them another year to get used to running a new (ie. competent) system. Ideally, it only takes a couple of months to get used to it, they are still in the thick of it (ie NO 10 game losing streaks) and make a pretty good playoff run. That said, if it takes a bit longer but all the boxes above were checked I will give them next season because it should still be more exciting than the first half of this season.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
Hart, Sanheim, Myers, Patrick, Konecny, Provy, Ghost, Coots, G, Jake, Morin (yes he exists), Frost, Farabee etc...

The future is bright, but the next step is all on you Mr Fletcher. GET A REAL ****ING NHL COACH!!!

I can’t take another season of mediocrity, I just can’t.

It's awesome Farabee signed yesterday. If I'm him, I'm texting Wade Allison saying join the party. Western Michigan didn't qualify for the NCAA tourney so he can sign now. Just imagine if we can also sign Laczynski. Not sure if Cates will make the switch this soon. Phantoms are really going to get some nice young players: Sandstrom, Frost, Farabee, Strome so far. I'm prob forgetting some too.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Cates should spend another year in college, he's not an uber athlete, there will a logjam at LHV next year, so in his case, waiting a year will clear out some room in the AHL to continue to grow. Since he's going to be slotted into the bottom six, getting stronger will be one key, his future is as a strong defensive forechecker who can contribute some offense.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's awesome Farabee signed yesterday. If I'm him, I'm texting Wade Allison saying join the party. Western Michigan didn't qualify for the NCAA tourney so he can sign now. Just imagine if we can also sign Laczynski. Not sure if Cates will make the switch this soon. Phantoms are really going to get some nice young players: Sandstrom, Frost, Farabee, Strome so far. I'm prob forgetting some too.

Looking forward to Chris Conner and Colin McDonald getting PP time over them :laugh:

Jokes aside, welcome aboard!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
1 year ago, we were 18 points better than NYI and 15 better than Carolina. We absolutely need to do everything in our power to be a 100 point team next year.

Two years ago the Islanders were 6 points better than us.

We overachieved last year, we were a thin team with questionable goal tending - and that's what we saw in the fall with Couts coming off the MCL and JVR and Elliott injured. Thin teams need good luck with injuries to compete.

Most NHL players don't reach their peak until 24 or so, a few outliers who are usually peak performers doesn't change that reality.
Ghost did at 24, Couts at 25. Along with Giroux and Voracek, theyv'e been our only reliable players, JVR is a scorer but otherwise limited

Provorov (22), Sanheim (22), Lindblom (22), Myers (21), TK (21), Patrick (20), Hart (20), Frost (19), Farabee (19), that's a nice core of talented young players with their best years ahead of them - but they've been inconsistent this season.
Rubtsov (21), Laberge (21), Ratcliffe (20), Allison (21), Laczynski (21), Cates (20), Kalynuk (21), Zamula (19), Ersson (19) etc. are in the pipeline.

Fletcher needs to be patient, but communicate better than Hextall. Temper expectations, playoffs and a competitive 1st rd should be the 2019-20 goal.

He has the assets to make good moves without mortgaging the future, from this year's 2nd and 3rd rd picks, lots of short-term cap room (to add veteran patches) and enough long-term room for one major FA signing.

Adding short-term veteran depth at forward and a top four veteran defensive oriented RHD to stabilize the young D would have a huge impact.
If we don't land Panarin or EK the offseason shouldn't be a failure. The right incremental moves could pay off.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
1 year ago, we were 18 points better than NYI and 15 better than Carolina. We absolutely need to do everything in our power to be a 100 point team next year.

There are a lot of ways to interpret "everything in our power". Or do you mean we posters, since we are apparently the Flyers Make a Wish Foundation, willing them to wins or losses as need be?

There's a voice in my head – among many – that would love to see Fletcher deal for Getzlaf or another over-the-hill-but-still-something-in-the-tank star to propel the team next season. But we know what that would mean in terms of asset expenditure for a short-term gain.

Reactions: macleish1974

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There are a lot of ways to interpret "everything in our power". Or do you mean we posters, since we are apparently the Flyers Make a Wish Foundation, willing them to wins or losses as need be?

There's a voice in my head – among many – that would love to see Fletcher deal for Getzlaf or another over-the-hill-but-still-something-in-the-tank star to propel the team next season. But we know what that would mean in terms of asset expenditure for a short-term gain.

It depends on the right deal, I have no problem trading minor assets (3rd rd pick, Vorobyev or his ilk) for a couple years of a solid veteran forward. Some teams may need to move a veteran to free up cap room. But the player has to have something left in the tank, we have the short-term cap room to overpay but only if he's an upgrade over what we have on the roster, not just a more expensive version of the same scrubs.

Reactions: BernieParent

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
With Gordon saying Morin will be in the line up soon...it will be real interesting to see who comes out. It is really going to show if Hagg is a staple here or not. Going with 7 D will totally say they arent willing to cut Hagg out of the picture. Scratching him shows there is some common sense after all.

If they dress 6 and sit one of 9, 6, 53, 3, or 61...thatll be even worse.

Branko

Jul 5, 2011
With Gordon saying Morin will be in the line up soon...it will be real interesting to see who comes out. It is really going to show if Hagg is a staple here or not. Going with 7 D will totally say they arent willing to cut Hagg out of the picture. Scratching him shows there is some common sense after all.

Knowing Gordon...it'll be 53 that sits.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

I'd love for them to give 9-53 another shot and then do Sanheim Gudas and Morin Myers. I suspect they'll just swap Hagg and Morin though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad