GDT: #77 | FLYERS at Stars | Tue., Mar. 27, 2018, 8:30 pm ET | FS-SW+, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

YamCork

Dec 11, 2017
Australia
Kind off topic but why is the Dallas Stars forum the least active on this site?

It's pretty dead over there at times, their GDT are lucky to reach 4 or 5 pages.

Last edited:

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
1st W for ARI.
1st W after 9L for DET.
Now it will be 1st W after 8L for DAL for sure. No doubt.

We have higher chances tomorrow. Typical Flyers.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

YamCork

Dec 11, 2017
Australia
1st W for ARI.
1st W after 9L for DET.
Now it will be 1st W after 8L for DAL for sure. No doubt.

We have higher chances tomorrow. Typical Flyers.

Any Stars players on a goal drought?

Flyers are good for that too.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For some reason the playoff odd chart does not match my gut feeling.
And it doesn't seem to correlate with the standings either. NJ is 3 points behind with one game in hand. Where does that gap in probability come from?

Yeah I am with you. We are another mini-slump from crumbling and this teams loooovesss a mini-slump.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For some reason the playoff odd chart does not match my gut feeling.
And it doesn't seem to correlate with the standings either. NJ is 3 points behind with one game in hand. Where does that gap in probability come from?

Probably factors in Point Projections based on percentage of points earned so far and ignores the possibility of them going into a slump again.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Provy and Ghost are due for a good game. I expect Sanheim to keep motoring along and help his partner look passable. Just need Manning-Gudas to keep things very simple and not leave the goalie out to dry. Concentrate on D first and don’t try any crazy rushes. I know, easier said than done.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
What are the odds the Panthers, Jackets and Devils continue to win out?

We may well have to wait till 10pm on Sunday April 8th to see who's in and who's out since the Panthers have that rescheduled game against Boston.

CBJ: @EDM, @Cal, @Van, Det, Pit, @Nsh

Florida: @Tor, @OTT, @Bos, Car, Nsh, Bos, Buf, @Bos

NJ: Car, Pit, NYI, @mtl, NYR, Tor, @Wsh

Phi: @ Dal, @ Col, Bos, @NYI, Car, NYR

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
dBdhRXD.jpg

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I’ll be very surprised if we win. I guess there is a chance nuevy starts. I’d go with Lyon no question. And don’t pull him if the team sucks. Use your timeouts like lavy. Be like other better coaches and less like yourself you idiot.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Kind off topic but why is the Dallas Stars forum the least active on this site?

It's pretty dead over there at times, their GDT are lucky to reach 4 or 5 pages.

Total football area. The Stars have a small core of fans and with the way the team has been playing of late it is a wonder anyone shows up to the games.

Dominance of football is part of it, but it used to be just as active as other non-traditional markets.

A few years back the board had a falling out with the admin and operators of the forums. The top 20-30 posters (and heir mods) left to create a new website.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Where's Stolarz or literally anyone with functioning hips? My gut reaction to every Mrazek save echoes Mason/Leighton/etc. I would actually rather Lyon in net.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
After doing some brief scrolling in various threads after coming back from an 8 day vacation, it's beyond laughable how much deadhead flip flops his opinion and shaves minor details from his stat patterns to meet the narrative he wants to put forward. Merit, relevance and objectivity are completely lost on him - perhaps he should run for congress? I felt compelled to finally ignore his posts but will wait, I really am curious to see just how far he will go chasing his own tail to prove meaningless points. Has anyone considered he may just be at troll level 10/10 and not an actual Flyers fan?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Has anyone considered he may just be at troll level 10/10 and not an actual Flyers fan?

Nah, he's not a troll. He's an academic and he's trying to prove his points the way you would in an academic paper. There is a guy on the Liverpool board who goes about things (sort of) the same way - you can see the convolutions in the posts, and aside from the faulty hockey logic of them, they are basically brain shrapnel because they are rushed (and also because academic writing is very possibly deeply flawed, but that is for another time and for someone else to bother explaining - even though it's my fault that it got brought up, I'm going to exit the point like the guy who farted on an elevator).

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Nah, he's not a troll. He's an academic and he's trying to prove his points the way you would in an academic paper. There is a guy on the Liverpool board who goes about things (sort of) the same way - you can see the convolutions in the posts, and aside from the faulty hockey logic of them, they are basically brain shrapnel because they are rushed (and also because academic writing is very possibly deeply flawed, but that is for another time and for someone else to bother explaining - even though it's my fault that it got brought up, I'm going to exit the point like the guy who farted on an elevator).

I've written my share of academic papers as well and there is a difference between authors who stretch facts/stats to meet their narrative and those who write peices using data to support their points. The former are careless, never seeking to actually find consistencies/anamolies/breakthroughs but rather have their own ideals they want to push with loosely veiled "research" and "data"

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I've written my share of academic papers as well and there is a difference between authors who stretch facts/stats to meet their narrative and those who write peices using data to support their points. The former are careless, never seeking to actually find consistencies/anamolies/breakthroughs but rather have their own ideals they want to push with loosely veiled "research" and "data"

That's not really the side of it that I am talking about (though I do understand your point), but like I said, I have no interest in finishing what I started/farted. High five in the Hive.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Amorgus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad