GDT: #77 - 03/31/16 | NEW YORK RANGERS @ carolina hurricanes | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Offside can be considered the direct result of the goal even if that goal is cored 5-10 seconds later.

I mean, in the sense that play should've been stopped of course it would 100% cancel out the goal.

It's still not something I like being reviewed though. Its almost always a super close play that isn't even yelled or complained about at the moment it happens, but then they hawk the replays of anything close in hope of finding something.

BarbaraAlphanse

The bad part about that goal was that the ref was behind the play. He wasn't on the line.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The Hurricanes have ten shots since the the first period and three of them went in, so yeah it's not helping.

Skinner was left open alone in front for a deflection and Rask had a rebound because he wasn't being boxed away from the crease after G couldn't clear the zone. I'm not defending the Faulk goal. Our defensemen have been atrocious tonight.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I mean, in the sense that play should've been stopped of course it would 100% cancel out the goal.

It's still not something I like being reviewed though. Its almost always a super close play that isn't even yelled or complained about at the moment it happens, but then they hawk the replays of anything close in hope of finding something.

I was thinking "that looked offside" before they even scored

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Why does that picture matter? It has nothing to do with the other player. If they thought the puck came out of the zone then its offside anyway. The other player doesn't matter. How can anyone look at that photo and say for sure it came out?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I know this! His feet are two feet outside of the blue line and his arm is not far from vertical.

A person also leans forward when reaching with arm and then arm is also in a forward position and the arm itself is probably a feet or two and the puck in the hand has to be completely out of the zone and it has to definitely be definitive. Not sure what you're seeing.

Abooch68

Aug 31, 2008
Not only does the NHL need goal line technology but they need offside technology, penalty technology and face off technology. Make refs and linesmen obsolete.

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
Also, where did Miller go to? He used to do something to get noticed in every game. This game i've hardly seen him.

*Bob Richards*

Is this going to be it? Are we finally going to lose to this team at one of the most inopportune times possible?

Stay tuned.

BarbaraAlphanse

Dan Boyle is terrible. How many of these does he miss every damn game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad