OT: 76th Obsequious Banter Thread: Wonder Twins Disband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I understand the moderate amount of hate he gets, but this is the type of magnified hate that I don’t understand about Bryson. He’s put on weight thru excessive caloric intake. And you can tell because he’s bulky in the middle too.

The question was about how he feels, it’s not like it was brought up to make an excuse, it was more of an explanation. FWIW, most golfers talk like this after a poor round.

Don’t say “that par is 67 for me here” then.

If he was winning the tournament and feeling the same he wouldn’t be saying a word.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Don’t say “that par is 67 for me here” then.

If he was winning the tournament and feeling the same he wouldn’t be saying a word.

Yeah, it's a bold claim, and he should back it up if he's gonna say that.

As for what was said post round, maybe, maybe not. Again, the information was presented more as an explanation, not as an excuse. Golf is so much mental, that if he did feel better, he would probably fair better in the standings.

I get the dislike for him - he's not my favorite player by any means. Bryson does come off as a guy who thinks he's the smartest in the room at times, which understandably rubs people the wrong way. But there is no doubt he thinks differently than most people - and it has brought him success. He won the PGA by 6 strokes. He had 7 birdies on during his second round.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Yeah, it's a bold claim, and he should back it up if he's gonna say that.

As for what was said post round, maybe, maybe not. Again, the information was presented more as an explanation, not as an excuse. Golf is so much mental, that if he did feel better, he would probably fair better in the standings.

I get the dislike for him - he's not my favorite player by any means. Bryson does come off as a guy who thinks he's the smartest in the room at times, which understandably rubs people the wrong way. But there is no doubt he thinks differently than most people - and it has brought him success. He won the PGA by 6 strokes. He had 7 birdies on during his second round.
Do you really think most (not all) of this hate ISN'T for the memes? I haven't heard of this guy until 3 weeks ago

Last edited:
Reactions: VladDrag

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I understand the moderate amount of hate he gets, but this is the type of magnified hate that I don’t understand about Bryson. He’s put on weight thru excessive caloric intake. And you can tell because he’s bulky in the middle too.

The question was about how he feels, it’s not like it was brought up to make an excuse, it was more of an explanation. FWIW, most golfers talk like this after a poor round.

I started out not liking him because he plays so slow. Now he just sounds like a self absorbed douche talking about his legacy and image. They way he attacked the camera guy for just doing his job was classless.

Play golf however you want but let the game do the talking, not your ego.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Pardon my interruption to the riveting golf talk, but I finally got around to hanging things in the office. Theres a blank spot waiting on a limited press signed vinyl that hasn't made jts way back to me yet.

Felt like you might appreciate this, @landsbergfan

20201114_140623.jpg

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Pardon my interruption to the riveting golf talk, but I finally got around to hanging things in the office. Theres a blank spot waiting on a limited press signed vinyl that hasn't made jts way back to me yet.

View attachment 376347
@Striik

Oh wait. Nvm...

460923f017d4f5019f28e6cdbae72dac.gif

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Who is this asian man in these GIF's? I feel like I'm missing out on a great joke.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I started out not liking him because he plays so slow. Now he just sounds like a self absorbed douche talking about his legacy and image. They way he attacked the camera guy for just doing his job was classless.

Play golf however you want but let the game do the talking, not your ego.
I get that too. Again I am not his biggest fan.

It’s seems like a lot of criticism he has gotten from the media has been about his approach to the game - which is what I don’t get. What is really odd is how much people love Brooks, and how many people dislike Bryson despite the fact that they have that same arrogance about them.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I get that too. Again I am not his biggest fan.

It’s seems like a lot of criticism he has gotten from the media has been about his approach to the game - which is what I don’t get. What is really odd is how much people love Brooks, and how many people dislike Bryson despite the fact that they have that same arrogance about them.

I’m sure you watched the US Open. He plays so fing slow. His approach to the game regarding speed of play leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. All his other stuff I could care less about. If it is legal, good for him.

Reactions: VladDrag

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

View attachment 376347

:thumbu: Looking good! Please tag me in all show poster and/or vinyl mentions.

I miss live music. One day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad