Post-Game Talk: #76 | Sabres at FLYERS | Sunday, Apr. 17, 2022 | 5:00 pm ET | NBCSP, MSG-B

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Zamula played better, some nice outlet passes, but also a turnover where he was just physically beat. I think if he starts next year, it needs to be on the 3rd pair, with a physical partner, but Attard doesn't seem to be ready. Risto if they extend Sanheim and Ellis returns, with York paired with Ellis? Zamula is the kind of guy you let work his way into bigger minutes as he gets stronger and more experienced.

Frost is OK, but anyone who thinks he belongs in the top 6 of a real team right now is delusional, and no, he's not a high IQ player.
Cates is a better player than Frost, and he's all of 3 months older.
Tippett is also 3 months older than Frost.
Farabee is 9 months younger than Frost.
Brink is almost 2 years younger.

The top priority should be an under 25 player with 1C/2C potential.
The second priority should be an under 25 RHD.
The third, an under 25 LW with speed.

Make a list of the people claiming he belongs in a healthy top 6 right now. Go ahead.

Or maybe cut the strawmen when you have nothing else but still feel the need to be negative in defense of Fletcher's errors.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
People were whining that Frost was behind Brassard (who outplayed him when healthy by a substantial margin) and Laughton.

16 games since G was benched before the TDL and Frost got top 6/9 wingers:
xGF 46.49%, xGFrel +2.94, 0.87 pp/60 (ES)
(during that stretch, MacEwen 1.54 pp/60, Thompson 1.45, Brown 1.23)

You need to stop fluffing Frost, he's a disappointment, I haven't given up on him, but 3C is probably his ceiling, not his floor.
He's not awful, but also not what you want from a 22 year old, former 1st rd pick.
Funny, the same people who rag on Tippett fluff Frost - both are similar (same age), there's upside left but right now neither is projectable to top 6 duty in the future.
I think both should be on the 3rd line next year and allowed to develop without pressure, with Cates or Lindblom at LW.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
People were whining that Frost was behind Brassard (who outplayed him when healthy by a substantial margin) and Laughton.

16 games since G was benched before the TDL and Frost got top 6/9 wingers:
xGF 46.49%, xGFrel +2.94, 0.87 pp/60 (ES)
(during that stretch, MacEwen 1.54 pp/60, Thompson 1.45, Brown 1.23)

You need to stop fluffing Frost, he's a disappointment, I haven't given up on him, but 3C is probably his ceiling, not his floor.
He's not awful, but also not what you want from a 22 year old, former 1st rd pick.
Funny, the same people who rag on Tippett fluff Frost - both are similar (same age), there's upside left but right now neither is projectable to top 6 duty in the future.
I think both should be on the 3rd line next year and allowed to develop without pressure, with Cates or Lindblom at LW.

Brassard didn't, especially not by "a clear margin" outside of an early shooting heater from his line. Stop falling for those.

Where is that list?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad