Post-Game Talk: #76 | Islanders at Flyers | April 1, 2024 | OT loss

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Enthused by Fedotov, gives me hope he'll play well whichever game he starts this weekend. I have no faith in Ersson at this point, but he'll need a good start too. Is it possible they'll use this time off and recharge enough to look like they've looked most of the season? I guess. But even if we do, it's out of our control now. We'll still be in a playoff spot by Friday, we'll see if 3rd in the Metro is still in play.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Enthused by Fedotov, gives me hope he'll play well whichever game he starts this weekend. I have no faith in Ersson at this point, but he'll need a good start too. Is it possible they'll use this time off and recharge enough to look like they've looked most of the season? I guess. But even if we do, it's out of our control now. We'll still be in a playoff spot by Friday, we'll see if 3rd in the Metro is still in play.
It won’t be. Caps have it easy this week. They are not catchable at this point. It’ll be between the Flyers, Wings and Islanders for WC2.

Reactions: EdmFlyersfan

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
The problem with yelling , screaming , jumping up and down acting like a monkey gets old and players just stop listening after a while . It makes for great sound bites but players get real tired of it .
At least he didn’t say they choked!

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
How dare you mortals doubt Tortorella’s OT stratagems!

On another note: is Ryan Johansen available yet?

Re:RoJo the conversation was had last game. You were probably too busy watching the Phillies or something.

20240330_205258.gif

He gone man. Too bad, really. TORTS vs Rojo would've been at least some fun drama. We are getting the same Flyers stuff as always. We tried real hard!

Reactions: Magua

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
It won’t be. Caps have it easy this week. They are not catchable at this point. It’ll be between the Flyers, Wings and Islanders for WC2.
Yup. I think this weekend is pretty much a must sweep. 2 easy opponents while the wings play the rangers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Everything to avoid the elephant in the room being a lack of talent.

You can’t ride a bunch of mules to exhaustion, and then scream at them to give you even more.

Such lazy analysis to say they need to be harder. Play with more effort.

Just how many more culture guys do they need?

Shithole franchise.

They sincerely believe that having just enough talent to put together maybe two lines that can score is plenty.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Flyers sucked for the most part last night. A few notes

-Torts can bitch about players all he wants, and in this game I get it they were flat, but there also needs to be an internal reflection from the coaching staff as well. You can’t have Scott Laughton playing 1/2 of the last period and expect to generate any significant chances. You can’t put a cooked Atkinson in your ‘top 6’. You can’t separate your best offensive pair in TK and Frost. You can’t send out Laughton, Cates, Atkinson on the same powerplay unit and expect any real offense. You can’t punt on the last 9 seconds of pp time.
-Fedotov is huge. He was fun to watch.
-The pass to Frost wasn’t great, it was a bit tight and he was on his backhand… even so, it’s a pass he needs to accept. He has some of the best hands on the team, and we’ve seen him do far more difficult things than that. He also double down on his mistake, and got caught in no man’s land on the pass.

Coalregion12

Mar 15, 2021
My take for what it's worth:

1. Torts is reportedly moving "upstairs" after the season is over. What he said in press conference was that we are watching who is playing. He along with management knows this team is FAR away from Cup contention.
2. Big questions this last few games, LAUGHTON. This guy better show something soon.
3. FEDOTOV long-term solution? We all have been down this rabbit hole before with new goaltenders. One of these just by luck have to work.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Charlie asking Tortorella point blank "How impressed were you with Fedotov's performance?" is just the most pathetic form of journalism.

Just let Torts give his opinion on Fedotov without leading him into the answer you want.

That's most of sports journalism (and maybe even journalism generally).

It's loaded and leading questions that provide little value.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I’m always left wanting to like Drysdale’s game more than I actually do. Good play on the tying goal to get it to the net, but my criticism of him still stands: he’s lacking that instinct to just attack aggressively even though he has the skill. He’s tentative with the puck at the blue line where a truly elite offensive defensemen would be naturally confident to push the puck forward with an aggressive burst or head fake. He’s missing that Gostisbehere quality.

That said, I originally thought the flubbed OT pass was his fault for handcuffing Frost, but watching it again, he made the pass anticipating Frost to turn and move straight up ice. Instead, Frost curled back toward Drysdale at an angle and jammed himself.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
What's the first thing I hear on WIP this morning?

A caller saying "Man, I love Tortorella. What a breath of fresh air. He doesn't let superstars get away with anything"

Thankfully, the hosts (in a rare moment) pushed back and said "well hold up for a second - there are no superstars on the Flyers. barely even STARS. It gets to the point sometimes where you wonder if players are going to think Torts is hitting an HR violation with how much he berates the team"

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The biggest star we have is a small guy named Konecny, who has carried the team offensively and on the PK for the full season. He also had the 2nd best Corsi Rel on the team last night, so it's not like his line was getting dominated. In fact, the opposite occurred.

So sorry WIP caller, I don't know if yelling at him to do better or be less tired is going to help much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad