Post-Game Talk: #76 | Islanders at Flyers | April 1, 2024 | OT loss

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Ranger fan here that would rather chew glass than post on another teams boards,
but if I may...

I just watched the Torts Post Game presser and am curious to which players he was talking about in regards to "no balls in these type of games"?

Love Torts and thanks in advance for any replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
hRLnoqd.gif

Ironic that 2/3 of the guys to score Tortorella wanted traded.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ranger fan here that would rather chew glass than post on another teams boards,
but if I may...

I just watched the Torts Post Game presser and am curious to which players he was talking about in regards to "no balls in these type of games"?

Love Torts and thanks in advance for any replies.

Who knows? Tortorella is a f***ing moron, a complete sham. A fake and a perennial loser. He pretends some players aren't meeting a particular standard while bowing down before players who actually aren't close to meeting the same standard. Managing team readiness and getting them ready to play for big games is a coach's job. He fails at this job, and so he shifts blame. He almost never takes accountability but swiftly dishes it to scapegoats. His entire persona is a contrived mask that he sells to dumb old hockeymen to hide the fact that he doesn't understand the game anymore, and he always lays it on extra thick as things go badly because he has no other ideas or solutions.

This roster was made with his input and tailored to his demands. So if it's deficient, it's in no small part his fault. These are his players for the most part; luckily Briere whiffed on some moves or the roster would be even worse. Saved from incompetence by incompetence, the closest this management group tends to get to doing things right.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
It would of been a tough call starting Fedotov last night given he’s only been here for a few days. So I don’t blame Torts for that. He had to make the switch tho because Sam is clearly exhausted mentally and physically.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
TSN had Bruce Boudreau comment on the Tortorella post-game comments. In his words, you can't go to the well of dumping on the players time and time again, and Tortorella was out of line. They group were negative about not just what he said last night but in general, saying that Tortorella has one schtick.

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
My take for what it's worth:

1. Torts is reportedly moving "upstairs" after the season is over. What he said in press conference was that we are watching who is playing. He along with management knows this team is FAR away from Cup contention.
Where is this being reported? Who would be taking over? Shaw?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
TSN had Bruce Boudreau comment on the Tortorella post-game comments. In his words, you can't go to the well of dumping on the players time and time again, and Tortorella was out of line. They group were negative about not just what he said last night but in general, saying that Tortorella has one schtick.

Tortorella is a winner. Boudreau isn’t. Remind me why his opinion matters? :sarcasm:

I watched the 2nd period on, and I don’t even mind Tortorella dumping on them after that lethargic performance. His problem, as always, is subsisting entirely on a diet of cans of worms and hornet nests. While never taking ownership of his mistakes, if only to take the heat off…..often that actually helps the locker room! It’s always the stick, in the most performative way possible.

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
I’m always left wanting to like Drysdale’s game more than I actually do. Good play on the tying goal to get it to the net, but my criticism of him still stands: he’s lacking that instinct to just attack aggressively even though he has the skill. He’s tentative with the puck at the blue line where a truly elite offensive defensemen would be naturally confident to push the puck forward with an aggressive burst or head fake. He’s missing that Gostisbehere quality.
This is correct, but it also applies to the PP as a whole -- both units. There's way too much lateral sidling from the blue line, from the point. Way too much backing up -- these guys are literally going backwards when they get the puck rather than pressuring the middle of the defense. The point has to taketh puck into the high slot, get defense to commit which will open up chances. It's like they have no idea how to do this. Or they refuse.

Reactions: BernieParent

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
theres no way a group of internet posters here could have called this..

🤫

its hilarous how so many regular posters here can basicly give u the Flyers lotto numbers before the season and then sure enuf be dead right..

but hey what do we know.. its not like we are dentists or anything..

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
SportsNet: "sick and tired" of Tortorella throwing team under the bus after every loss. Said one commentator: Torts preaches accountability. When is he going to take responsibility for the team's effort and results?
If the team had a slightly better power play they would be firmly in the playoffs. His buddy and assistant coach can't make the adjustments to improve that deficiency.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Who was responsible for hiring Rocky? Torts? Briere? He has more brain damage than Balboa when trying to strategize for a PP.

I’m convinced that he was hired to be Torts’ bodyguard and keep him from getting killed each time he goes into the dressing room. Hilferty probably hires him for his own yacht parties as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad