GDT: #76 | FLYERS at Penguins | Sun., Mar. 25, 2018, 12:30 pm ET | NBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
For me, his career highlight was preventing McDavid from claiming the Calder by way of a complete accident.

It's even better because the Oilers threw a big stink over it on the following meeting even though it wasn't really his fault.

giphy.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Flyers site has a new video where the players say who they want to play them in a movie......

Standard answers (Manning: Mark Wahlberg lol), but Robert Hagg mentioned that his favorite movie is Gladiator, so Russell Crowe. Somewhere in the Philadelphia area Jim Jackson just started sweating profusely.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Flyers site has a new video where the players say who they want to play them in a movie......

Standard answers (Manning: Mark Wahlberg lol), but Robert Hagg mentioned that his favorite movie is Gladiator, so Russell Crowe. Somewhere in the Philadelphia area Jim Jackson just started sweating profusely.
I love how 90% of them make their choice based just on actors they like rather than actors that actually bear a passing resemblance to them.

Wish they would have asked Hak for his choice :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

If Russel Crowe is playing him, the character of Robert Hagg will exhibit "meat sweats" - that guy is starting to approach Tkachukian levels of man lard.

45968BA200000578-0-image-m-4_1508726103890.jpg

Even that photo is enormous so that they could fit most of him in there.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
This has trainwreck written all over it, the fact that Hack had last change and voluntarily put Flip out against Crosby’s line means this game will be like shooting fish in a barrel for the Pens, I’m thinking either Cindy ir Gina will have something absurd like 5-7 points

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
just was at sportchek...girl helping me sees my flyers hat and says "you a flyers fan? my cousin plays for them...you ever heard of nolan patrick?" so i say "you mean future face of the franchise nolan patrick?" shes laughing and says "hes still not comfortable with coach and older players..when he gets his confidence hes gonna be really good...just wait!"

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I love how 90% of them make their choice based just on actors they like rather than actors that actually bear a passing resemblance to them.
They probably can’t name many actors though. It’s why they just repeated popular ones others said.

I particularly enjoyed Flip saying, “Al Pacino.” He’s 77, you buffoon. I know you play like you’re 77 but c’mon!

Though I did agree with Hakstol’s bold choice of Domhnall Gleeson, aka General Hux from Star Wars, to play Young Dave.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
They probably can’t name many actors though. It’s why they just repeated popular ones others said.

I particularly enjoyed Flip saying, “Al Pacino.” He’s 77, you buffoon. I know you play like you’re 77 but c’mon!

Though I did agree with Hakstol’s bold choice of Domhnall Gleeson, aka General Hux from Star Wars, to play Young Dave.
Understandable. I couldn't think of any off the top of my head.

The only "celebrity" comparison I ever got is when my 9th grade history teacher told me I look like Jay Cutler :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I just watched "Ex-Machina" last night for the first time, and he has the pale, otherworldly look of a young, dumbstruck David Hakstok.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I'm so dumb - when I read this I thought you meant Gilbert would voice me lol like I'm not already enough of a cartoon. :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:
I don't think the networks will be lining up to pick up the HF Flyers animated series anytime soon :laugh: (Though deadhead would totally have a stereotypical hippie voice)

Not to derail this even further, but ever since I was a kid I've wondered what Calvin and Hobbes' voices would sound like and your avatar always puts that question back in my mind.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't think the networks will be lining up to pick up the HF Flyers animated series anytime soon :laugh: (Though deadhead would totally have a stereotypical hippie voice)

Not to derail this even further, but ever since I was a kid I've wondered what Calvin and Hobbes' voices would sound like and your avatar always puts that question back in my mind.

I just gave my lecture on "Calvin and Hobbes" the other day - fills me with joy. I had about three people say "You look so happy today." I told them "Shut up."

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
If Russel Crowe is playing him, the character of Robert Hagg will exhibit "meat sweats" - that guy is starting to approach Tkachukian levels of man lard.

45968BA200000578-0-image-m-4_1508726103890.jpg

Even that photo is enormous so that they could fit most of him in there.

New word of the day candidate. Now I just need to find a reason to drop it in a normal conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad