GDT: #76 | FLYERS at Penguins | Sun., Mar. 25, 2018, 12:30 pm ET | NBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Didn't he get beat up by Oleksiak recently?

To be fair to the Dog, though, one of his only NHL fight wins that I can remember was against the Pens last year, albeit against a guy who's not in their org anymore.

Straw, there's an asterisk next to the Oleksiak fight. IIRC, the big man got the jump on Manning before he was ready. Well, maybe it didn't happen that way, but my memory is a little fuzzy.

The funny thing is if you look at Manning's fights in junior and the AHL, he actually did pretty well. I would say he won more than he lost. I guess the jump to the big leagues of fighting was too much for him to handle.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Honestly my favourite Mandog moment was when he nailed Tom Wilson with that hit in the playoffs a couple of seasons ago, gotta love him for that play at least, Tom Wilson is a huge POS.
Probably the highlight of Manning's career and it was glorious. What made it even better was that when Wilson was trying to get up, Manning and Simmonds went straight over to him and talked some shit.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Hak on the road vs the Pens,,, this will be a slaughter. Flip vs Sid, the kids being benched is a certainty,,, this has 8-2 loss written all over it.

The fact that Hak can’t get his lines matched up the way he wants is a good thing imo.

Flyers are 19 - 13 - 6 at home and 19 - 12 - 6 on the road. It’s not a coincidence that the Flyers have a better record when Hak has less control over matchups even though it’s in front of opposing fans.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
They sucked against the lifeless Rangers at home, what can we expect in this game?

I believe they will be tied going into the third playing great hockey and lose due to defensive breakdown in the last ten minutes.

everyone on Sirius radio says the Rangers have been playing hard every night even with the trade off of so many good players.
probably a sign that AV will keep his job. provided he wants to stay thru the rebuild.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
fingers crossed that by the time this game is played the Devils will have lost both of their games.

If New Jersey just keeps playing their brand of hockey the next 2 nights, we will be in good position.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
everyone on Sirius radio says the Rangers have been playing hard every night even with the trade off of so many good players.
probably a sign that AV will keep his job. provided he wants to stay thru the rebuild.

Teams that dump a lot of players often get a boost, because while veterans find it hard to be motivated when they're out of the playoffs, kids who get an opportunity to play often are energized for a few weeks before the NHL grind wears them down.
Just look at Weal for the last 20 games last season and Weal this year.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Probably the highlight of Manning's career and it was glorious. What made it even better was that when Wilson was trying to get up, Manning and Simmonds went straight over to him and talked some ****.

For me, his career highlight was preventing McDavid from claiming the Calder by way of a complete accident.

It's even better because the Oilers threw a big stink over it on the following meeting even though it wasn't really his fault.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
St least we will likely be playing from behind allowing our god players to play more and have a chance to get a win at the end. It’s no coincidence that we play better when behind and aren’t benching literally some of the hottest players in the league and lose when we are up blowing late leads and ties.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad