Post-Game Talk: #76 | Flyers at Penguins | April 2, 2023

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
tenor.gif

Last edited:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Let's say they get lucky and get Bedard or Fantilli, how are you setting the top 9?
I honestly have no idea. IWithout too much thought, to start the year something like the below. I would roll them like Torts does, and they would all get ~13-15 min of 5v5 icetime.

Farabee-Frost-TK
Cates-Bedard-Foester
Atkinson-Couts-Tippett

I wouldn’t be opposed to trading Tippett, moving Atkinson over and putting Lycksell on the third line.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Frost will never play in front of Couts and Cates.

If this coach had an ounce of sense he’d put cates back to lw.

Frost has been an elite PKer at every level. The coach whines about needing to acquire 4th line PKers this off-season. Do you think he’s tried Frost on the PK? 14 minutes this season. Hell, Tippett (who’s never PKed before regularly?) has seen double the minutes while bleeding goals.

Farabee-Frost-TK
Cates-Bedard-Foester
Atkinson-Couts-Tippett

Don’t do this to yourself, Vladdy. :laugh:

I’d put Bedard on Couturier’s wing. Damn. I did it too.

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
I honestly have no idea. IWithout too much thought, to start the year something like the below. I would roll them like Torts does, and they would all get ~13-15 min of 5v5 icetime.

Farabee-Frost-TK
Cates-Bedard-Foester
Atkinson-Couts-Tippett

I wouldn’t be opposed to trading Tippett, moving Atkinson over and putting Lycksell on the third line.
I agree with moving Cates back to LW, this center experiment needs to go. I wouldn't be surprised if they had Couts between Farabee and TK to at least start the year. However, Frost has shown chemistry with every single winger on that list. It's invaluable having that kind of player and flexibility, and I don't think Briere is going to be dumb and trade him.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Don't do this to yourself, Vladdy. :laugh:

I’d put Bedard on Couturier’s wing. Damn. I did it too.
I think you have a better chance of throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks instead of trying to decide what the 12 forwards are going to look like. We're all know that the head coach and the current senior advisors only want muckers and grinders. Skill guys can't be in the lineup unless they're super tough......

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
There’s no way Frost would/should play ahead of Couturier.

Would? Frost can't play ahead of Cates as is, so surely you're right. He has a coach who does not hide his partiality.

Should? I'm a Couturier stan, but what he'll provide isn't a definite. He might not be Couturier of 3 years ago. Even if he is, I'd like to see them within 1-1.5 minutes of each other at 5v5, with the talent balanced. Most top teams have their top lines in that window. Couturier is not a McDavid/MacKinnon level horse anyway. If Frost is 2C in min/game at 5v5, I'd consider that an unlikely win even.

Just as important to me is special teams. There's really no excuse for Frost not getting PP1 time in an actual spot to succeed (and experimenting with 2nd/3rd unit PKing). But this team doesn't know its ass from its elbow when it comes to the PP. PP1 will probably be DeAngelo, Tippett, Couturier, Cates, Konecny.

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
Would? Frost can't play ahead of Cates as is, so surely you're right. He has a coach who does not hide his partiality.

Should? I'm a Couturier stan, but what he'll provide isn't a definite. He might not be Couturier of 3 years ago. Even if he is, I'd like to see them within 1-1.5 minutes of each other at 5v5, with the talent balanced. Most top teams have their top lines in that window. Couturier is not a McDavid/MacKinnon level horse anyway. If Frost is 2C in min/game at 5v5, I'd consider that an unlikely win even.

Just as important to me is special teams. There's really no excuse for Frost not getting PP1 time in an actual spot to succeed (and experimenting with 2nd/3rd unit PKing). But this team doesn't know its ass from its elbow when it comes to the PP. PP1 will probably be DeAngelo, Tippett, Couturier, Cates, Konecny.
This team is so far up its own ass in regards to the PP. They literally just plugged Frost into Cates' spot in the third and had no plan. I would have loved to have seen this more confident version of Frost on the one halfwall with Giroux on the other (with a well coached PP). But alas Fletcher was GM.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

Don’t do this to yourself, Mag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad