GDT: #76 | Flyers at Penguins | April 2, 2023 | 6:00 PM | ATTSN-PT, NBCSP+, probably ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Welcome to the HF Boards Game Day Thread for the matchup between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Pittsburgh Penguins!

It's a classic rivalry game as the two teams meet at the Wells Fargo Center on April 2nd, 2023 at 7:00 PM EST. Both teams are looking to secure a playoff spot, so expect an intense game with lots of action.

Will the Flyers defend their home ice or will the Penguins steal a victory on the road? Who will be the key players to watch? Share your thoughts and predictions below!

Projected lineups:

Philadelphia Flyers:
Forwards:
Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Lindblom - Hayes - Farabee
JVR - Patrick - Allison
Twarynski - Andreoff - McEwen

Defense:
Provorov - Sanheim
Yandle - Braun
Morin - York

Goalies:
Hart (starter)
Martin

Pittsburgh Penguins:
Forwards:
Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Zucker - Malkin - Kapanen
McCann - Carter - Rodrigues
Tanev - Blueger - Aston-Reese

Defense:
Dumoulin - Letang
Pettersson - Marino
Friedman - Ruhwedel

Goalies:
Jarry (starter)
DeSmith

Let's go Flyers!

GDT Song:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Since Tortorella doesn't want to do his job, I won't do mine. I outsourced this GDT to an AI. I'm sure it's fully accurate and not at all a debacle. I'm also sure making the AI think about the Flyers won't have ill effects when it becomes self aware. I'll make corrections if necessary, but I trust our machine. Let me know if anyone finds errors.

19a82a06d93a3d620c5ec3277c27cd3e.gif

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
i want to see yandle braun twar aa zac vs crosby line

Because for the flyers playing braun and the 4th line has worked so well in the past shutting down lines.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
The Flyers sent Forester down to help LV. I get that. But if that is your plan then you have to find some way (or have a plan) to get a 4th NHL goalie to back-up when Hart gets injured, especially when Hart being injured was the only damn given at the beginning of the season. Having Ersson back up this past week, most likely cost the Phantoms a shot at the playoffs. As a side note, at the end of the day, the Phantoms are a terrible team coached by an even more horrific coach.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
A chatbot told me I should go to counseling since I am a Flyers fan. I said I would rather die than not be a Flyers fan. The chatbot told me to commit suicide. AI is so empathetic.

Apparently it did happen. Told a guy to do it and he committed suicide.

I once asked Alexa if she liked sex. She said I am AI……

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
Is it wrong that I’m actually cheering for a W? They’re pretty much rooted in the #7 spot anyway. Why not help eliminate the Pens along the way.
No, because exactly that. Its the Penguins. Schadenfreude. And I think a couple things about draft position. They may move down a pick or two, or up a pick or two, but unless they get incredibly lucky and get #1, does it really matter? Who knows who will be available when they pick, and even then, that player might be a bust...or incredible...so really...whatever. You are splitting hairs most cases between picks 2-10, possibly even more. Just beat the f'in Pens.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I don’t think we should joke about suicide
I do not treat suicide lightly. I am sorry if I offended you. It is a simple fact that suicide is so insidious among teenagers; it is heartbreaking. But what I wanted to show was AI has consequences beyond its boundaries of probative value. Also I wanted to show if I needed help, I would not use a chatbot as a source of need. That was sarcasm, not a joke. And that a person actually committed suicide because of a chatbot: sad.......that is not something I would joke about!

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I commented on the subject because I read a story about a 13 year old kid who took his own life because of the bullying he was taking at his school. I personally know 2 people one is my best friends wife’s son who took his own life at a young age.
We can move on from this topic because I would rather focus on more positive things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad