GDT: #76: FLYERS at Capitals, Sunday, March 24, 2019, 12:30 p.m. ET

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Why are people so against Elliot? Would anyone really have a problem with him coming back as a true backup next year?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
just bubble wrap hart now, dont get this goalie killed because you want to win every game for nothing. i mean you got what you want to see in hart, wasnt enough to make the playoffs, just shut him down now and give talbot and Elliot some games.

if hart gets hurt im blowing hate on gordon's twitter account.
this is how i feel with Morin too. Last year morin trying to come back from an injury early tears his acl in a pointless late game . There is no reason for morin to play this season except for our entertainment. I rather him not play , get another offseason of health underneath him and attack training camp with everything he has.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Why are people so against Elliot? Would anyone really have a problem with him coming back as a true backup next year?

Nothing really against him, but dont want him back, we need a re start.

And we got Talbot, why not at least see how he performs behind this D as most likely they are all back next year. If he gets lit up, at least we know before we extend him.

Reactions: Domino666

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
this is how i feel with Morin too. Last year morin trying to come back from an injury early tears his acl in a pointless late game . There is no reason for morin to play this season except for our entertainment. I rather him not play , get another offseason of health underneath him and attack training camp with everything he has.

And gift him a spot next year without seeing him ?
Or sign depth guys that will play in front of him ?

He’s been cleared and is a month past that point. If he isn’t healthy now, he never will be.

Reactions: BiggE and dag54

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
And gift him a spot next year without seeing him ?
Or sign depth guys that will play in front of him ?

He’s been cleared and is a month past that point. If he isn’t healthy now, he never will be.
Why not give him a whole offseason to get in better shape. We did this shit last year and it backfired big time. Let's not repeat it again.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What a player does in a cameo in the spring probably has no more weight than what he does in a month of training camp fighting for a job.

Reactions: Jtown

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Why not give him a whole offseason to get in better shape. We did this **** last year and it backfired big time. Let's not repeat it again.

We do this every year, you are right. We didn’t audition Stolie, we never properly audition kids.

If Morin can’t handle 7 D spot duty for 8-9 mins per night, he’s never ready.

Our 4th line is abysmal, run 7 D if we have too.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
We do this every year, you are right. We didn’t audition Stolie, we never properly audition kids.

If Morin can’t handle 7 D spot duty for 8-9 mins per night, he’s never ready.

Our 4th line is abysmal, run 7 D if we have too.
Think about upside vs downside. THe upside is minimal, the downside is huge. I'd wait till training camp.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Think about upside vs downside. THe upside is minimal, the downside is huge. I'd wait till training camp.

The upside is huge, he comes in, looks good, we don’t panic and over spend on some 4-5 UFA D man.

What’s the down side, they have almost ruined his chance, what’s is 6 yrs since his draft. Playing today has no more risk then playing in sept, he’s cleared, 100% healthy.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Someone please tell me we are at least dressing morin as the 7th dman instead of bailey as the 13th forward?

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
Sneak into the playoffs (unlikely)
Win meaningless games (maybe)
Tank for 11th overall pick

Some decent options

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This is going to be a slaughter.

BpROk8ZGu_NqGxzY7duIo3Qn6k47KxCth6Na7rS3rs8.jpg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The upside is huge, he comes in, looks good, we don’t panic and over spend on some 4-5 UFA D man.

What’s the down side, they have almost ruined his chance, what’s is 6 yrs since his draft. Playing today has no more risk then playing in sept, he’s cleared, 100% healthy.

The organization failed Morin every step of the way. If they dont plan on buying out AMac and giving Morin a chance to replace Hagg as the #6, they should trade him. He deserves better.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The organization failed Morin every step of the way. If they dont plan on buying out AMac and giving Morin a chance to replace Hagg as the #6, they should trade him. He deserves better.
Next seasons D should be:

Provorov-Myers
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Ghost
Hagg

In LHV: Friedman & Schlemko

Traded, bought out, or taken for a long one way ride: AMac

Rodu58

Nov 12, 2017
we're going to win just to be officially not eliminated and to torment the fans

Ad

Upcoming events