Post-Game Talk: #76: Capitals at Flyers, Wednesday, March 30, 2016

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I am able to safely bet all of my life savings, my job, my car, and my house that when Schenn steps on the ice for the shootout, he will shoot from between the circles...

To this point I have not lost any of those things

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Considering the Pens have been very vocal that the fight was a series-changer for them, and we lost the series, yes, we should focus on it.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
I hope they try and put Richards against Giroux's line. Seeing either Simmonds or Schenn blowing him up would be awesome.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Considering the Pens have been very vocal that the fight was a series-changer for them, and we lost the series, yes, we should focus on it.

Don't get me wrong, it clearly impacted the game...but there were also positive impacts by Rinaldo or Carcillo as well.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Beating the Caps in 7 games would be extremely difficult. With their defense and goaltending Simmonds and Voracek would need to immediately wake up in Mr. Train's case, and heal his foot with magic in Voracek's case. They're a deeper team so we'd need everyone to step up.

I'm not really worried about beating them. It would be a bonus. Mostly, I'm hoping for a long series so Cousins, Ghost, and Laughton can see what the Playoffs are.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
they are Caps fans. They have a selective memory.
It was not a well officiated game for both teams. So it was probably appropriate that the game went to a shootout.

I have literally zero idea what the @$# they're talking about. I thought that was singularly the worst reffed game I have seen in several years.... and no, this time I do NOT mean for both teams. The refs did absolutely everything in their power to hand that game to Washington and the Flyers won in spite of them. Besides the penalties/missed penalties they probably blew three separate offsides calls in the second period alone. It was absolutely embarrassing... still po'd thinking about it...

Just need to keep repeating to myself that we won....

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Don't get me wrong, it clearly impacted the game...but there were also positive impacts by Rinaldo or Carcillo as well.

OK? But in both their cases they were cancelled out and then some by the idiocy.

You'd be hard pressed to find a player who is universally bad. Even bad players do good things. But what makes them bad, is the bad plays outnumbering the good.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
OK? But in both their cases they were cancelled out and then some by the idiocy.

You'd be hard pressed to find a player who is universally bad. Even bad players do good things. But what makes them bad, is the bad plays outnumbering the good.

Listen, this is not me saying Rinaldo or Carcillo are good players. They aren't. No question at all. But if it came down to 6 minutes per night in a crazy 2012-esque battle, I'd rather have Rinaldo or Carcillo out there than VDV. This is not me saying that Rinaldo or Carcillo is a better player than him. This is due to the fact that if stuff goes crazy like in that series, they would obviously add to/fuel the crazy, which might give this team the advantage. It might not. But in order to the beat the Caps we pretty much need it to be a series a like that (and even then I am not sure we can pull it off).

The post very clearly says one of these guys could come in handy...nothing more than that...and even says that maybe Cousins can be that guy but better.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
VdV is far less penalized than either of them. In a crazy series against the Caps, I'd like to give Ovechkin and his PP fewer chances to score.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Beating the Caps in 7 games would be extremely difficult. With their defense and goaltending Simmonds and Voracek would need to immediately wake up in Mr. Train's case, and heal his foot with magic in Voracek's case. They're a deeper team so we'd need everyone to step up.

I'm not really worried about beating them. It would be a bonus. Mostly, I'm hoping for a long series so Cousins, Ghost, and Laughton can see what the Playoffs are.

At this point in time it seems Laughton would be watching from the press box, unfortunately.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I have literally zero idea what the @$# they're talking about. I thought that was singularly the worst reffed game I have seen in several years.... and no, this time I do NOT mean for both teams. The refs did absolutely everything in their power to hand that game to Washington and the Flyers won in spite of them. Besides the penalties/missed penalties they probably blew three separate offsides calls in the second period alone. It was absolutely embarrassing... still po'd thinking about it...

Just need to keep repeating to myself that we won....

The Flyers definitely got away with their share of infractions.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
The Flyers definitely got away with their share of infractions.

I respectfully disagree.... although it's possible I missed some in live time since I was at the game. I tend to think I'm usually good at admitting when the Flyers get away with as much or more than the other team and I just didn't see much at all. Regardless, agree to disagree I suppose.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Mike Milbury is writing a cheque. Of course, he can't spell "thousand" ... or "Milbury" so it won't help much.

5o0n5IU.png

Turns out the check was released as part of that court order.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Just a fine. Of course it is.

Literally nothing to someone who makes that much. I don't care, but I find it amusing. If I were him I would have my accountant try to write it off as a loss and get a chunk of that back.

5000 dollars is .25% of 2,000,000.

In "our" class terms, suppose you make 50,000. It would cost you $125.00 to slap the toothpaste out of someone at work. One good whack.

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison
The GDT on the caps board is simply hilarious to read. I know all fans like to call it as they see it with homer glasses but, the calls were equally bad and I feel a bit more one sided to WSH as the road team. Some of them are saying their boys didn't give their all......I see a team that has problems with Philly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad