Prospect Info: #75OA - G Jack LaFontaine - U of Minnesota - signed 1/9/22

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Whole thing is interesting. His numbers dipped a lot this year, but I'm sure there are many factors for that. But also bailing on his top 10 team mid season. Granted, a chance at the NHL is a chance at the NHL.

Reactions: DaveG

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Whole thing is interesting. His numbers dipped a lot this year, but I'm sure there are many factors for that. But also bailing on his top 10 team mid season. Granted, a chance at the NHL is a chance at the NHL.
It's not just a chance at the NHL, it's a chance on the top point% team in the league with a legit shot to get his name on the Cup this summer.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Not a good sign for Freddie and Raanta’s health? Hasn’t he been pretty bad this year? Why are we going to give him NHL time over Makiniemi?

Reactions: Tryamw

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Not a good sign for Freddie and Raanta’s health? Hasn’t he been pretty bad this year? Why are we going to give him NHL time over Makiniemi?

Minnesota in general had a terrible start, but they've played a lot better recently. Jack's still an interesting prospect despite the slow start. Organization's still pretty high on him, clearly.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Use him as Canes 3rd goalie so Lyon can continue to get reps down below?

Lyon isn’t a prospect at this point so I’d prefer LaFontaine get games in Chicago and Lyon stay with the taxi squad. Lyon should be our third stringer, anyway, as he’s currently the better goalie.

Depending on the situation with Freddie they both may be on the nhl roster here for a bit.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
He hasn't even been AHL level this year. Barely NCAA starting goalie caliber a lot of the time. Source: I only watch Gopher hockey and I watch every minute.

He's a nice kid but he played way beyond his mean last year and has been below it this year. I don't see an NHL future for him so I suppose good for him to go for it while there might be a chance to get hot and stick.

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
He hasn't even been AHL level this year. Barely NCAA starting goalie caliber a lot of the time. Source: I only watch Gopher hockey and I watch every minute.

He's a nice kid but he played way beyond his mean last year and has been below it this year. I don't see an NHL future for him so I suppose good for him to go for it while there might be a chance to get hot and stick.

I think the circumstance practically dictates that he'll get a start or two in the NHL, which might never have happened for him otherwise. Got to take the chance when it comes around.

Now, what he does with it is anyone's guess, because (say it one more time) goalies are voodoo.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I think the circumstance practically dictates that he'll get a start or two in the NHL, which might never have happened for him otherwise. Got to take the chance when it comes around.

Now, what he does with it is anyone's guess, because (say it one more time) goalies are voodoo.
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

At 24 , a little old for college. Smart move to take advantage of canes offer.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad