London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
"We want 10!!!"
London fans love the offensive outburst.
Crazy landslide scores, will it continue in Oshawa?!?

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
I know Oster did not have a chance at much of the goals tonight but does Oshawa change things up and start Bender?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
You'd think that with Ritchie, Lockhart, Rolofs, Roorbroek, Kampulainen (sp?), Oshawa would be able to "gen"erate some offence. We were without our best forward (Cowan) and D-man (Bonk), and sniper, (Halttunen) during the World Juniors, and we didn't miss a step.
Just sayin'...

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
9–1 win for the Knights for the 2-0 series lead. Another fast skating high scoring Knights game, fourth line duties along with Jensen and Woolley pairing in the dying minutes, our Knight's future sampling :thumbu:

Oshawa did play more physical, in game two, but still can shake London. Don't believe the Generals did enough in the third to send London a message, the next game will be in their barn. One guy showed up, thought, Faist is making it a habit of filling the sin-box at the Bud

What were the fans chanting ? I could hear "We want ..." and couldn't hear the rest

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I am glad Willmore got into the game. Now that the transition has been made perhaps give him Game 3 as I am keenly aware of what he did for us last year and would love to see him get a start in the OHL final on the winning side.
Wilmore got a start and win last year in Game 5. I was there lol. No need to mix it up

Reactions: Buttsy

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
I dont want to be THAT guy but does anyone remember the 2018-19 Second round series against Guelph where the Knights were up 3 games to 0 and Guelph came back and won that series in 7? I do, thats why I cant get excited. I'm also a Maple Leafs fan which might have something to do with it also but it just aint over till you win that 4TH game!!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
We were without our best forward (Cowan) and D-man (Bonk), and sniper, (Halttunen) during the World Juniors, and we didn't miss a step.
World Jr's mean something different in London it seems? Generally it seems to be when we come together and really buy into the team game. I used to be afraid when the "Bigs" left town now almost look forward to it?
Congrats boys 14W down and 2W to go .....

Reactions: Fastpace

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
How many times have we seen a team have some trouble scoring goals after a game they scored in bunches. I hope that is not the case tonight but the Knights will need to be patient.

I expect a huge pushback from Oshawa tonight especially in the first 10-15 minutes. I am sure they were embarassed by their performance on Thursday in front of the London fans and on TSN. They are the conference champs and a very good hockey club. They proved their fortitude in the last series by winning big in game 7 after getting blown out in game 6. They could have easily folded.

London needs to use their speed to keep Oshawa to the outside, clear pucks efficiently, keep their cool no matter how the game is officiated and for goodness sake don't say any bad words! If they maintain discipline and stick to their systems and be patient they should go to Oshawa up 2 imo
FAKE news

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
What were the fans chanting ? I could hear "We want ..." and couldn't hear the rest
I think they were chanting "we want 10" as in the scoreboard! Alright not the classiest but it was possible that could be the last game in London.
Would like to see Sim and the "Big Man" get into a game if we are fortunate to move on to the Memorial Cup? I can't believe that Oshawa doesn't have more to give as they were strong all season and won the East afterall.

Reactions: Fastpace

three dog night

May 3, 2014
LOL, and this coming from an Icedogs fan ..... just yanking your collar Three Dog always have mad respect for you one of a very few Ice Dig fans who stick with the forum. Cheers ....
Yes but judge from regular season they might have put up a better battle

Hey guys,

Whatever happened to the post game press conferences in the OHL Finals?
To busy laughing

Reactions: Buttsy

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Hey guys,

Whatever happened to the post game press conferences in the OHL Finals?
I'm sure Dale isn't missing them, probably the most uncomfortable looking guy in a post game interview ...... and a lot of times he has just won a game? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Oster certainly isn’t looking like goalie of the year, he’s made a handful of good saves and sure hasn’t got a ton of help. But he has not looked good, he is way off on his angles and is pushing on cross ice passes to the wrong spot.

He could certainly turn it around and steal a game. But he hasn’t looked like the guy we saw all season.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
was
I dont want to be THAT guy but does anyone remember the 2018-19 Second round series against Guelph where the Knights were up 3 games to 0 and Guelph came back and won that series in 7? I do, thats why I cant get excited. I'm also a Maple Leafs fan which might have something to do with it also but it just aint over till you win that 4TH game!!

You won’t find a bigger Generals fan than me, but I’m objective and realistic enough to know that Oshawa doesn’t have a hope in hell of coming back to win this series.

Oshawa was going to be outgunned in this series lacking the firepower and experience that London has. But without their best defenseman (Punnett), best forward (Sennecke) as well as Buckley, there’s absolutely ZERO hope of competing in this series.

Once Punnett went out against North Bay, that series completely flipped. Seeing Oshawa get dismantled in this series makes me appreciate the Game 7 win against North Bay even more.

They might win one game at home to avoid the sweep, but I can assure you that London will not lose this series.

Reactions: rve24

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I think they were chanting "we want 10" as in the scoreboard! Alright not the classiest but it was possible that could be the last game in London.
Would like to see Sim and the "Big Man" get into a game if we are fortunate to move on to the Memorial Cup? I can't believe that Oshawa doesn't have more to give as they were strong all season and won the East afterall.

The great thing about winning is that you can say whatever you want and your opponent just has to STFU and take their medicine.

I don’t fault the London fans at all for wanting to run up the score, because I’m just as ignorant and unsportsmanlike when Oshawa is winning.

Pulling off a Michigan goal to make it 8-0 late in the 2nd period was really rubbing their face in it, but once again that’s what you can do when you’re blowing out an undermanned opponent.

I suppose Oshawa should be thankful that Hunter didn’t pull the goalie late in the 3rd to try and get to double digits?

All I can say is karma has a way of evening these things out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad